Running Board Extension bolt on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one had issues with these rubbing the inner fender or running boards? I'm interested in getting these and pairing them up with some Rally Armor mud flaps, but I don't want them to rub the truck and possibly cause long term issues.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking of getting these, do not hesitate, they work like a charm.

I had my dealer install them for me when I was having some lighting work done. They worked great this Winter, keeping the snow and ice off of the doors and side of my Raptor.

Unfortunately, the excess amount of snow/ice/slush took its toll and in freezing solid knocked my drivers side off. Luckily it came off in my driveway so I found it right away. I have sent a contact message to get two pieces of grade eight hardware so that I ca re-mount my extension.

OP
OP
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one had issues with these rubbing the inner fender or running boards? I'm interested in getting these and pairing them up with some Rally Armor mud flaps, but I don't want them to rub the truck and possibly cause long term issues.
Sorry for late response.
I have not had any rubbing issues on the fender or running board. However there is always a possibility of it rubbing. To me cutting down my chance of getting rock chips is better then the rub that may happen.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

If anyone is thinking of getting these, do not hesitate, they work like a charm.

I had my dealer install them for me when I was having some lighting work done. They worked great this Winter, keeping the snow and ice off of the doors and side of my Raptor.

Unfortunately, the excess amount of snow/ice/slush took its toll and in freezing solid knocked my drivers side off. Luckily it came off in my driveway so I found it right away. I have sent a contact message to get two pieces of grade eight hardware so that I ca re-mount my extension.
Clifnopus thanks for the review.
Sorry it fell off that is the first time I have heard of that happening.

Reaction score
Any news on the part for larger tires? I have 35 and zero offset wheels and the dirt/mud/rock slinging is driving me batty. It won't stay clean from the car wash to the house, lol. .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any news on the part for larger tires? I have 35 and zero offset wheels and the dirt/mud/rock slinging is driving me batty. It won't stay clean from the car wash to the house, lol. .

I've got the same setup and they seem to help quite a bit. At least a 50 to 75 percent reduction in mud slinging. I still get some rubbing, usually when turning in reverse, but not nearly as bad as with the vortex flaps that got ripped off. YMMV obviously, but I'm really satisfied with mine.

OP
OP
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I do have a set up for bigger tires. I will dig around for some photos.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/

here is the mock up for the ones with bigger tires.

15/07/14/0cc3d6da8de2c060c6b8832a8e9c81cd.jpg
b660e032264f3b097356d7807b2ba69f.jpg

9f2e58d7d1cf1fcde9563c7625dfa35d.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

a3ae293c22be3292c5307e7c1a6d37ee.jpg

Reaction score
I do have a set up for bigger tires. I will dig around for some photos.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/

here is the mock up for the ones with bigger tires.

15/07/14/0cc3d6da8de2c060c6b8832a8e9c81cd.jpg
b660e032264f3b097356d7807b2ba69f.jpg

9f2e58d7d1cf1fcde9563c7625dfa35d.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

a3ae293c22be3292c5307e7c1a6d37ee.jpg

Is there still rubbing with these larger ones or is it something that has been addressed? Either way I'll take a set cause grabbing a handful of mud and dirt is getting old and mud flaps are 100% not my cup of tea.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not mind a set of the newer ones and I have the factory tires. It looks like it protects more. I want a set and need to install these asap. Please let me know how to do I order?

thanks