Ruby Red Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be ordering a 2014 Raptor within the next month or so. I love the Ruby Red color. My question is, is this color limited to the special edition package? I want Ruby Red, but don't want all the other stuff ($$$) that comes along with it. Can I just order a 2014 Ruby Red Raptor, with the 801a package? Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

I will be ordering a 2014 Raptor within the next month or so. I love the Ruby Red color. My question is, is this color limited to the special edition package? I want Ruby Red, but don't want all the other stuff ($$$) that comes along with it. Can I just order a 2014 Ruby Red Raptor, with the 801a package? Thanks

If you choose Ruby Red, then the SE package comes with it for that added option. If you go to ford.com and build one, you will see what I mean.

A SCREW with RR SE and 801A is $55,960, invoice is around $51,500 (within a $100). So if you can get it anything at that or less than $52k then I would think you are doing good, if you want to wait that is.

Oh and I wouldn't wait too long to order. Nothing official but the cut off to order is near from what I am reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVT Bob18,
The Ruby Red color is limited to the Special Edition. It is not available in the non SE Raptor.
Eddie
ps I am a Green Bay Packer fan and wanted to order my Raptor in the Dark Green metallic of the regular F150 line in 2013...my dealer told me it would be about a $15,000.00 extra for the custom paint!!!!

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you choose Ruby Red, then the SE package comes with it for that added option. If you go to ford.com and build one, you will see what I mean.

A SCREW with RR SE and 801A is $55,960, invoice is around $51,500 (within a $100). So if you can get it anything at that or less than $52k then I would think you are doing good, if you want to wait that is.

Oh and I wouldn't wait too long to order. Nothing official but the cut off to order is near from what I am reading.

Sounds good. I've been to the Ford site and have built my Raptor and Ruby Red will be the color. But back to this cut off date for ordering. Have you heard any dates from Ford or anywhere else?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait to order seeing there isn't going to be a 2015 so there's probably a longer list of people ordering and you don't want to left out. plus Ford might slow Raptor production the closer it gets to Sept. as they will probably want to concentrate on stocking up dealers with trucks as there is going to be a larger gap in production to switch over to the new F150. this is all just guessing but like they say snooze you lose.

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait to order seeing there isn't going to be a 2015 so there's probably a longer list of people ordering and you don't want to left out. plus Ford might slow Raptor production the closer it gets to Sept. as they will probably want to concentrate on stocking up dealers with trucks as there is going to be a larger gap in production to switch over to the new F150. this is all just guessing but like they say snooze you lose.

Thanks for the good information.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, hopefully all those wanting a 2014 will get theirs! Want I really want to know is if there will be a 2016 Raptor and beyond. That is the bigger question.