Rubber Body Panel Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post how many of each you used in your list?
it looks like:
W651021-s qty ?
N802981-s qty 14
W651012-s qty 2
383181-s qty 2
Its a bit confusing since your description did not list any of the W651021-S , yet it is on your order.
Also any updates since last time?

I might try to make an order

As in my description......I can confirm that there are 7 N802981-S plugs per side. The very first hole behind the front tire is just too big for the 38MM (easily moves around) but too small for the 45MM. I used 2 of the W651012-S plugs (trimming just a bit) for 2 holes buy the step bar mount (1 per side).

Right now that is all I was able to use/what fit. I still have not received 383181-S from my order, those are the 2 oval plugs.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
As in my description......I can confirm that there are 7 N802981-S plugs per side. The very first hole behind the front tire is just too big for the 38MM (easily moves around) but too small for the 45MM. I used 2 of the W651012-S plugs (trimming just a bit) for 2 holes buy the step bar mount (1 per side).

Right now that is all I was able to use/what fit. I still have not received 383181-S from my order, those are the 2 oval plugs.
Thanks

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, sorry its been a bit......just been side tracked. Got my 383181-S a few weeks back and finally got under the truck. These are tooooo small. They need to be probably 50% larger. I need to keep digging and see what I can find.

** Also tried to edit my original post to put the total count of what works but not seeing an edit button..... :(

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Ordered all of them that you listed as working to date. Thanks again for that. Once they arrive I will get them all installed and try to get up to my local ford with the truck and find the remaining 2 and post here.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Would need to pull them all to check...but... I think there is 16 or 18 that are the same, about
1 9/16" .
4? That are rectangular and 2 that are larger...1.75"
I found rubber plugs for them all.
That’s about right.
My truck SCREW had 16 all the same size in case anyone follows this to order.
I only ordered 14 and that was not enough.

I should have crawled under to check before ordering . That’s on me

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got frustrated that I could not find the right plug for the front holes on each side. I took the larger one (W651021-s) and sliced the left/right sides of it and squeezed it in. It works for now, we'll see how long that lasts......

Attachments

• IMG_9035.JPG
    IMG_9035.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 14

Augster

Reaction score
Well, I got frustrated that I could not find the right plug for the front holes on each side. I took the larger one (W651021-s) and sliced the left/right sides of it and squeezed it in. It works for now, we'll see how long that lasts......

I haven't refreshed my memory re-reading the entire thread, but were there any casting numbers on the original plug? If so, I would Google those numbers and cross fingers for solid hitz...