Rubber Body Panel Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if those are the ones. Most of the holes are one size. I seem to remember 1.5 inch. The ones I pulled from the wrecks came from the floor pan, directly under where the seats are mounted. We have so much snow right now I'm not going under the Raptor to see. But I will look at what I ordered to check the diameter. There is 4? that are odd ball.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plugs I used were either for a 1 9/16" hole or 40mm which is very close.
I ordered a few different 1.5 inch rubber and plastic ones. They don't fit securely in the hole. A stiff breeze could knock them out.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if all the holes are the same size? I'm working on a machining a plastic (ABS or HDPE) plug that will snap in the holes. My tape is still in good shape and its winter here so I'd rather not pull all the tape off to measure all the holes if i don't need to. If someone can measure all of them and confirm they are roughly the same size that would help me out a lot. If it works i'm happy to make a set for anyone that wants one. Just cover shipping and material cost.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this thread as I'm interested in rubber plugs too. Right now I have gorilla tape but it's obviously not an ideal solution for those of use that are rustproofing.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what i had in mind. My plan is to use ABS or HDPE, which ever is cheaper. I need to play around with the clearances to get a tight fit but if i use ABS we could always add a little RTV. Gives me another reason to use the CNC and practice my programming.

Panel Plug.png

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't know that there were plugs there...or any of that was factory.
Previous owner told me that they had rockers and cab corners redone.
Assumed the tape was put on by them.
Mine is about 1/2 on 1/2 off.
Was thinking of new duct tape eventually.
Ended up buying a winter beater for now.
Didn't want to bathe this poor truck in chloride if I don't have to.