RPG Texas Raptor Run: TRR14 April 10-13 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has their own personal opinion about the breaking-in period for a new raptor. But I just found out that the ETA delivery for my raptor is only two weeks before TRR. My round trip drive to TRR is roughly 1300 miles then of course I will most likely run it somewhat hard on the TRR course. I like to follow what the actual manual shows and not opinions so I looked up in the online manual what Ford recommends:

BREAKING-IN: You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles. Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 miles. Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1000 miles.

Of course this little verbiage isn't going to change my mind for TRR but should I be concerned?

at the first TRR I had temp tags on mine as I only had it for 3 weeks. I put 600 miles on it, changed the oil and left for the TRR. had almost 1000 miles on it when I got there. Had a great time.