RPG experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
from the ground to the fender the front is 43 6/16 and the rear is 42 3/4 so the front is 5/8" higher. It's not much, but I suppose it seems drastically different from the stock rake.

I feel like I'm addicted to researching car stuff and other materialistic stuff on the internet. I also feel like this is a slippery slope where I want to do a ton of other mods. For me personally I feel like I should maybe buy a lame car that I won't care about and I can spend my time and money on something more productive. Of course at other times I love my truck and don't want to do that. I'm conflicted, but if I have a buyer I will sell.

Not to be an amateur psychologist, but be aware that you're fulfilling a need here. If you stop doing it (by selling the truck or simply by force) you're still going to have that need. There is fun to be had in researching stuff, installing it, and getting it right...and often actually having it is less fun than getting it. Makes you work harder too IMO.

Take that with a grain of salt, my knowledge of how the mind works is mostly based on owning one.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With every vehicle I've owned, I seem to get the 3-year fever... After that I always start looking for the next "fix" which seems to be shopping for a new vehicle and buying one...

I'm curious how that's going to work with this truck... As of now (8 months in) I can say I'm as happy as the day I bought it... So who knows! I do have a soft spot for ridiculously fast cars, that's my only worry!

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just thought I would share some feedback on my experience with RPG. I purchased a stage 3 rear kit with the standard National springs. Jarrett and Corey told me if I drove from NorCal to SoCal that they would help me with the install. I figured it was a good way to save on install cost and learn a bit about wrenching. They took time away from their families on the day after Christmas to help me with the install. The parts are very well made and install as you would expect from such a well-engineered kit. After hearing some feedback from a recent testing day they did I decided to add one of their front suspension spacers and move the stock Fox shocks to the middle perch. See the attached photo for the new stance. I haven't had a chance to go offroad with the setup, but my impression from driving on the streets is that the rear feels much more plush and the front feels stiffer leading to less brake dive and body roll. FWIW my frame was straight before the install of this kit. I simply did this for future prevention and improved performance.

I'm not sure I like the look with the front being higher than the rear so I may decide to go back to the lowest perch setting in the next week or two.

As dumb as it is I have sense had a personal revelation and feel the best thing for me personally may be to sell my Raptor and buy a cheap lame car. See my for sale ad on the forum if you or anyone you know want a very clean SuperCrew dialed in with some nice RPG parts.

"G" Thanks for the kind words man. Just do me a favor and step back from the ledge. Your truck is to dam pretty to sell. If you do end up keeping it, let me know when you are back in town and we can drop the front end down a bit. Looks like it settled in from where it was before the ride home.

Honestly, if you really are hell bent on selling it. Who ever gets your truck will be stoked. It might be the best condition Raptor I have seen. The paint is perfect and the seats still look like they rolled off the showroom floor. Someone will be very lucky to have this truck.

Keep us posted on what your plans are because we have pretty box with your name on it sitting in the corner if and when your ready for it.

Thanks again,

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

With every vehicle I've owned, I seem to get the 3-year fever... After that I always start looking for the next "fix" which seems to be shopping for a new vehicle and buying one...

I'm curious how that's going to work with this truck... As of now (8 months in) I can say I'm as happy as the day I bought it... So who knows! I do have a soft spot for ridiculously fast cars, that's my only worry!

I feel the same way. These trucks are just to special to sell.

OP
OP
W

WannaRaptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for trying to talk some sense in to me. I think I need to go find some dirt.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your Raptor looks to be in pristine condition. :thumbsup:

The only way you can improve it without spending money on it is to remove your front license plate :D

Suggestions:

1. Drive your Raptor in the dirt. A lot.

2. Make your hobby exploring the Western US in your Raptor. Use your money for camping gear and gasoline and enjoy the heck out of your truck.

3. Don't sell it. You don't need to mod it to enjoy it.