RPG experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WannaRaptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would share some feedback on my experience with RPG. I purchased a stage 3 rear kit with the standard National springs. Jarrett and Corey told me if I drove from NorCal to SoCal that they would help me with the install. I figured it was a good way to save on install cost and learn a bit about wrenching. They took time away from their families on the day after Christmas to help me with the install. The parts are very well made and install as you would expect from such a well-engineered kit. After hearing some feedback from a recent testing day they did I decided to add one of their front suspension spacers and move the stock Fox shocks to the middle perch. See the attached photo for the new stance. I haven't had a chance to go offroad with the setup, but my impression from driving on the streets is that the rear feels much more plush and the front feels stiffer leading to less brake dive and body roll. FWIW my frame was straight before the install of this kit. I simply did this for future prevention and improved performance.

I'm not sure I like the look with the front being higher than the rear so I may decide to go back to the lowest perch setting in the next week or two.

As dumb as it is I have sense had a personal revelation and feel the best thing for me personally may be to sell my Raptor and buy a cheap lame car. See my for sale ad on the forum if you or anyone you know want a very clean SuperCrew dialed in with some nice RPG parts.

Attachments

• raptorstance.jpg
    raptorstance.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 138

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uhm, ok?

Are ya sure the front is higher than the rear? Have you measured with a tape from the ground to the flare and compared?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hmmm it doesn't look that high, if anything it's level.
So now your going from a sweet ride to a LAME ass car...lol. Why? Might I ask.

OP
OP
W

WannaRaptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the ground to the fender the front is 43 6/16 and the rear is 42 3/4 so the front is 5/8" higher. It's not much, but I suppose it seems drastically different from the stock rake.

I feel like I'm addicted to researching car stuff and other materialistic stuff on the internet. I also feel like this is a slippery slope where I want to do a ton of other mods. For me personally I feel like I should maybe buy a lame car that I won't care about and I can spend my time and money on something more productive. Of course at other times I love my truck and don't want to do that. I'm conflicted, but if I have a buyer I will sell.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
They are awesome guys! I like the look and the feel of your front setup...thinking I may go that route in the very near future.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could never drive a cheep lame car after having the Rap. It's like a video game every time you're behind the wheel in these beasts!

Your truck looks badass by the way! At least go enjoy that dialed in new rear-end setup in the dirt before you sell!

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that. Cheap lame cars suck ********. Came back to a nice ride and don't regret it.

If you are a "car guy", you are a "car guy." Don't fight it.

As I saw in someone's signature, Life's short, ride a nice horse.

If you can afford it, enjoy it. No one is forcing you to mod it. Leave it alone and enjoy it. I know it's tempting to have all the cool shit on it but it really is a great vehicle stock.

If anything, just stay away form the forums so you aren't tempted.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As dumb as it is I have sense had a personal revelation and feel the best thing for me personally may be to sell my Raptor and buy a cheap lame car.

Nice Raptor! Looks like a keeper, to me. Sounds like if you parted with it, something else would take it's place on the "non-productive" diversion chart. Maybe keep the Rap and start a guitar collection, or something? Then sell those instead of your SCrew...?

Friends donna let friends drive cars, lol.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!! That kit should help you.. I understand the feeling about front higher than rear... I am no a fan myself... are the measurements with a full tank of fuel? If not then it will be even lower...

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do it! I sold my SRT8 Jeep and bought an '11 Jeep Overland instead of a Raptor and regretted it everyday to where I'm taking a loss to get my Raptor.