Roush Raptor in a Box install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But they add like 5+ HP each!

Ya but when young punk ass kids pull up next to me thinking they're hot shit I want them to be unaware lol. I even took off the side and window graphics. The only way to tell is under the hood and the vent gauge. Oh ya the headrest but you can't see though the tint lol.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many miles is to many to go this route?

62k ok?

Cost?

I have a customer who has over 100K on his truck with a Whipple 2.9L, we have many customers with mid to higher range mileage on their trucks.

As long as you keep good maintenance on the truck with oil changes. Spark plugs every 15-20K or so after the blower install and you'll be alright as long as you keep 93 octane.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a customer who has over 100K on his truck with a Whipple 2.9L, we have many customers with mid to higher range mileage on their trucks.

As long as you keep good maintenance on the truck with oil changes. Spark plugs every 15-20K or so after the blower install and you'll be alright as long as you keep 93 octane.

Jim, this is the first I've heard of the spark plug replace interval. Can you elaborate on why?

Thanks,
HAP

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jim, this is the first I've heard of the spark plug replace interval. Can you elaborate on why?

Thanks,
HAP

15-20K is probably overkill but I would rather you change plugs sooner than later. If you let the plugs go to long the spark plug gap opens up, the plugs foul out, and the heat from boost fatigues the plugs. If you go too long and the plugs start to misfire you can even harm the engine. You will feel a misfire or stumble first but if your not sure what it is or it goes un-noticed until your out racing a Corvette in the street then you hurt something.