Roush Raptor Exhaust Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinb491

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Roush Raptor. I was hoping for a bit more exhaust tone so I removed the muffler, BAD IDEA!! Now i get that pop crackle on heavy accelerations. Im going to replace the rear exit exhaust with their side exit conversion kit and Im stuck on what muffler to go with. Think maybe a small resonator would help with the pop crackle noise? It sounds almost like a ricer car and I cant have it. Anyone have the mbrp turndown and can compare it to the roush exhaust? I hate to just put their muffler back on. The roush exhaust sounds great, I just wanted it louder. Any thougths or ideas would be great

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow side exit exhaust and I can tell you it's louder than a roush. I'm not sure if it's the muffler or where the tips are that make it loud. Try the side exit before you go to another exhaust. That'll be my choice

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Roush Raptor. I was hoping for a bit more exhaust tone so I removed the muffler, BAD IDEA!! Now i get that pop crackle on heavy accelerations. Im going to replace the rear exit exhaust with their side exit conversion kit and Im stuck on what muffler to go with. Think maybe a small resonator would help with the pop crackle noise? It sounds almost like a ricer car and I cant have it. Anyone have the mbrp turndown and can compare it to the roush exhaust? I hate to just put their muffler back on. The roush exhaust sounds great, I just wanted it louder. Any thougths or ideas would be great

Are you sure the dealer installed the Roush Exhaust? I have a Roush, but the exhaust is installed at delivery as it's "off road" only... The factory Roush exhaust is pretty loud, and I'm a car guy. I've got hot rods running open headers so what I consider loud for a daily driver is actually pretty aggressive.

I'm just curious if the dealer installed the Roush exhaust, I've never heard anyone say it wasn't loud enough. I ran a Ford Racing and then a Stainless Works on my 2012 and the Roush is louder.

OP
OP
J

justinb491

Reaction score
Its a Roush installed kit. The exhaust is loud, dont get me wrong. Has a nice rumble to it. I just wanted a deeper louder tone to it.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Seems like more I keep reading and researching the Roush is about the loudest. I may try a smaller resonator type muffler and see if that gets rid of the popping

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You say you removed the muffler, i think you mean the resonator before the muffler, correct? I have the roush system and when i installed it the resonator came off but the muffler is still intact.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say you removed the muffler, i think you mean the resonator before the muffler, correct? I have the roush system and when i installed it the resonator came off but the muffler is still intact.

This... When the Roush is installed, the resonator is removed and it's just a muffler.

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Roush Side exhaust w/o the resonator and I don't have the crackle or pop. It sounds good, but I have heard other exhaust that sound deeper and louder. But my opinion is that the Roush sounds great, couldn't imagine driving on the highway with a louder exhaust.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
I'm debating on the roush vs the corsa extreme with the black tips. Can anyone tell me how the roush tips are in person because online they look like a cheap flat black painted from a can compared to the corsa black tips.

OP
OP
J

justinb491

Reaction score
Well I put the muffler back on. Im going the side exit idea this week and see how it sounds. The tips in my opinoin are nice. Made it through a midwest winter so far and polished up nice.