Roush Raptor Bull Run Rally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the moral of this story is kids stay in school cause your brain really becomes a vegetable very quickly(see post one). At 17 I had a car I earned, 72 Plymouth road runner and it passed everything on the highway but a gas station.. Sell the Raptor and get your funds aligned for school and get an education. Then when your old enough you can pay to do what you want to do. You wont be sitting on a corner with a cup asking people for money... Your not good at it...

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the moral of this story is kids stay in school cause your brain really becomes a vegetable very quickly(see post one). At 17 I had a car I earned, 72 Plymouth road runner and it passed everything on the highway but a gas station.. Sell the Raptor and get your funds aligned for school and get an education. Then when your old enough you can pay to do what you want to do. You wont be sitting on a corner with a cup asking people for money... Your not good at it...

Wait what happened to the road runner

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering what kind of roofing company hires a 13 year old (since you stated you worked there for 4 summers and are currently 17)?!

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 yars old, 90 hours a week = 7 days at 13 hours or 5 days at 18 hours.. C'mon man.. But like raptizzle said, if you want it.. Work at it and make it happen but like everyone else said... Don't ask people who work their ass off for their money, some risk/give their life for their income and your on here asking complete strangers from all over the world to hand it over. I'm sure you can understand why this would offend some people or they see it as a joke. You hadn't even tried to word it in a soft approach, it translates to "will you give me money so I can go play?".

Take a look at how many military, law enforcement, fire, ems are on here that work12+ hour shifts day and night, member that spend months or more from families! And See things that 98% of the population can't even think of. How many farmers there are who actually work 90 hours a week, business owners who have sacrificed the first years of income and struggled to make a new business survive in order to support their families and people who have done well in school and worked hard to do exactly what your asking, to fund their hobby...

Maybe it's your age and lack of life experience but all of these things are taken in to consideration when one of us buys a truck or a new upgrade or goes to an event and then there's a young guy who's first post is essentially begging or pan handling for money on the Internet.

I'm 17, I drive a raptor (which is great if your fortunate enough!) but now that I have the truck I need money to play.. In honesty you may be better to trade the raptor for a mustang and do the race in a few years or embrace the raptor for what it is and try getting to an event.. I bet you'll discover a whole new form of fun, most people can drive fast on a highway.. We do it every day on the way to WORK, give the dirt a try I promise you will like it.

This is the reality, I'm sure many will agree, some are being harsh but I'd bet it's because of the approach you took. Had you started your posts with a different tone I'm confident you would've gotten many congratulations from everyone here like the rest of us did on our first post and especially a congrats for being fortunate enough to have one at such an age.

Good luck on your goals for the future, if you really did work 13-18 hours per day at 13-17 then you have a magnificent work ethic and surely you can do something with that desire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roushraptor14

Reaction score
I understand what everyone is saying. I may not have had the best approach to this. I got overly excited about this rally and was just thinking of anything I could possibly do to get the money. I appreciate and understand how hard other people have to work especially emts and police and army. My one grandfather was an army ranger and my other fought in the Korean War. I appreciate this greatly.

I am not the stuck up rich kid that has never got his hands dirty that I came off as in the first post. I work 7 days a week in the summer for a roofing contractor from 6 to 6. This is something that has been taught to me since I was little. The more you want something the harder you have to work for it.

I just got excited and wasn't really thinking it through as to what I said. I would like to hopefully redeem my self and work to get on a better standing with everyone.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party. Sorry I missed your first post. But from what I've learned from this thread :

12 X 7 = 90.

Also, I would love to see the chevelle that you and your dad rebuilt. Always had a love for old american muscle.

To add... Major props to working 84 hours a week (if its true) for .. say 8 weeks out of the summer? Making $7.XX an hour on average (if all you did was save up) is basically what I started out with .

( (84 hours a week x 8 (on avg?) weeks per summer X 4 (years) = 2,688. 20,000 / 2,688 = $7.44 / hour)

As some members have said. Amazing work ethic. Love the fact that you want to be in the Rally, I do too actually. But ... you should continue building on that work ethic, go to college ( no doubt you wouldn't). Become a brain surgeon. Retire at 35 or when your hands start shaking too much, and THEN compete in the Rally.

Believe me, you'd have fun in college - especially with a badass truck.

Last edited:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what everyone is saying. I may not have had the best approach to this. I got overly excited about this rally and was just thinking of anything I could possibly do to get the money. I appreciate and understand how hard other people have to work especially emts and police and army. My one grandfather was an army ranger and my other fought in the Korean War. I appreciate this greatly.

I am not the stuck up rich kid that has never got his hands dirty that I came off as in the first post. I work 7 days a week in the summer for a roofing contractor from 6 to 6. This is something that has been taught to me since I was little. The more you want something the harder you have to work for it.

I just got excited and wasn't really thinking it through as to what I said. I would like to hopefully redeem my self and work to get on a better standing with everyone.

Ok...your stock started out pretty low, but just went up a couple of notches. Good lesson...it's not only how one says something but what one says...and you have to admit your initial post was kind of funny....17 yo with $60K truck asking for $20K donation (sponsor) and all...but that's now behind us ... You'll find this group to be very down to earth and helpful, but remember, this IS the internet and (speaking only for myself mind you) there aren't many filters between the cranium and the keyboard...and I'm damn proud of it too. Don't take it too hard, if you can take the edgy humor and flames and rewind as you appear to have, suck it up, stick around, post a picture of that bad ass truck (required) and dish out a little of what you take.

Attachments

• what-did-i-miss-male-logic-demotivational-posters-13062749181.jpg
    what-did-i-miss-male-logic-demotivational-posters-13062749181.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice save kid. I hope u stick around and enjoy the forum. Its a good group of people here with lots of knowledge and laughs to be had.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk