Roush catback/intake, Good combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just orderd a Roush catback exhaust and intake, has anyone used this combo? If so what were the pros and cons. I've read that the intake isn't made for off road, has anyone tested it.. I read this after I already ordered it.. Im Debating on ordering a different intake.. thought I would get some input before doing so.:think:

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Roush intake/exhaust combo was the first mods I did to my truck. You are correct about the intake not being made for off road. I ended up selling it to a friend who doesn't take his truck off road and I now have the UMP. As for the exhaust, its not the best option for an off road truck either. Its a great sounding exhaust and engine performance seemed to increase a bit with this combo, but the rear exhaust hanger (that attaches to the spring perch) broke a couple times which resulted in the pipe being dragged thru the dirt. My Roush exhaust is now dumped under the truck and I get a lot of drone. Good luck!

-Rob

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I'm going to have to do some more thinking and research before installing.