Roof seam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, another question, never noticed this until now... do all raptors have their roof seams welded? Just noticed this on mine... Does not have any type of rubber trim for most of the length of the top of the cab, and you can see the weld thats been painted. Just curious. :)

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your not confusing what is body seam sealant as a weld? I have not payed super close attention, but I do wash my tryck regulary, including hte roof, and it looked to me just liket he standard high strength sealer

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your not confusing what is body seam sealant as a weld? I have not payed super close attention, but I do wash my tryck regulary, including hte roof, and it looked to me just liket he standard high strength sealer

Oh it could be... but its painted yes?
It looked like a weld. not completely smooth.
Can anyone post a picture of theirs?

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely welded. Did you expect it to be glued or bolted together? they can't forge the whole cab. They have been welding them forever as far as I know....

Attachments

• IMG_20121213_102252.jpg
    IMG_20121213_102252.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely welded. Did you expect it to be glued or bolted together? they can't forge the whole cab. They have been welding them forever as far as I know....

Ah yea thats the back end of the seam thats covered in trim, I was referring to the front end of the cab. The seam is not covered by trim there correct? Its just curious as I never noticed the painted weld before until I bought a raptor :) Could yhou post a pic of the front end of the seam? Curious to see how yours looks compared to mine.

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics, hard to see with the black.

View attachment 14588 View attachment 14589

Thanks MikeD,

Mine looks like that as well, they not perfectly smooth when they bend down from the top down to the front windshield, show some ripples in the paint reflections if you will. Just wanted to make sure mine looked like all the rest of the raptors and not a defect :)

Last edited: