GEN 2 Rodentgate part 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonebreak3r

Reaction score
I had this happen in a Taurus. My Dad has his car buddies said rub peppermint oil or Irish Spring on the wires and the rodents won’t chew the wires. Don’t know if it will help but it would smell better.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

Some of you might remember me as the guy with issues regarding rodents chewing through my wiring harness. It's happened twice in the past year. Well I wanted to give you a new update.

I was driving this evening and noticed my fog lights were not working. None of the upfitter switches were working. So I pulled over and opened my hood to check my fuses and found this fun surprise.

Enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G6CRCvMcZWuzVZE39

Dont know if they were mice,chipmunks or squirrels,but the F*@&# totally chewed the wiring in my BWM..!! Have also had them in several of my Pick-ups.....lucky for me I got a handle on the problem before they got into my Raptor or Corvette.....! Suggestion...put a couple rat traps by the front tires....and hang a few Poison Rat Blocks in the engine compartment...they are square blocks with holes running thru them....Put the blocks in a spot where they can reach them but not directly on the Engine...
You will start to see little nibbles on them....and better yet,if its gone,they brought home a Happy Meal for the kids....I've not had the problem in a few years..knock on wood....
Good luck and Happy 2020

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I make a suggestion, I understand that rodents don’t like the smell of dryer softening sheets like “Bounce”. I’m sure you have some at home or buy a pack. Worth a try. Just secure them somewhere so that they don’t get in to the fan area...

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Can not believe you let it go. Once they get a taste for Raptor, they only eat Raptor.

KOakland

Reaction score
May I make a suggestion, I understand that rodents don’t like the smell of dryer softening sheets like “Bounce”. I’m sure you have some at home or buy a pack. Worth a try. Just secure them somewhere so that they don’t get in to the fan area...
It Works!!

OP
OP
USCxGAMECOCK

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Can not believe you let it go. Once they get a taste for Raptor, they only eat Raptor.
Thankfully(I guess) I found him after I was about 30 minutes from my house. So hopefully the thing can't find it's way back home 15 miles away. It's been a bit of a war at my house since the last time this happened. We do not live in the country by any means but there is some light woods behind my house. We've gotten 3 racoons, 1 opossum, and a mouse so far.

Gearheadfmc

Reaction score
I live out in a rural area..... I have squirrels and mice if I park more than one night! I use a multi-attack approach --

1. Open the hood
2. Use a high-pitched beeping device
3. Use a motion light
4. Use at least 2 bars of Irish Spring soap in box -- cutting only all 4 corners off.

Since doing this, have had none of that!

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
I have a shed with a dirt floor and always have mouse issues in my boats, cars, trucks, etc.. the dryer sheets and moth balls do work, but that just keeps them away.. i prefer to catch them.. I have traps.. like 12 of them in the shed, but traps catch one at a time.. I have recently purchased one of these and it works amazing.. its like a log rolling challenge for them... some peanut butter and antifreeze in the bottom of the bucket (Since I am in WI.. water works if you are in warmer places) and it doesn't stop catching mice.. the first week I had it (I also made a couple copies of it) I caught 14 mice in 4 days in the 3 buckets.. if the critters are bigger you could probably just make a bigger bucket version.. or barrel.. or ??

Their pitch:
PAWMATE Rolling Mouse Trap, Live Catch and Release Bucket Spin Roller With A Ring For Mice Rats Rodents. Humane. Auto Reset. Safe for Children and Pets. Works Outdoors and Indoors

by Ekar LLC

Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078GC624P/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I bought another different one from amazon as well, but this one seems to work better.