Rigid light bar theft protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRoyal

Reaction score
Does anyone run special bolts or is there anything to lock down the light bars on the truck? I have a 50” on my chase rack and my 40” will be here Friday along with 4 pods and ICON bumper.

I’ve read people have gotten then light bars stolen off their truck.

Just wondering if anyone uses a special type of bolt or security product to lock them down.

thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they make special nuts that require a specific tool to remove. my issue with them was that i wasnt able to get them tight enough so they loosened up on me several times. i ended up opening the light and soldering onto the board where the power and ground connect. soldered a wire in to the ground side and ran it through a relay that is connected to my alarm. what happens is when they cut the wires to the light, the relay drops ground which triggers a signal to my alarm. with my alarm connected to my train horn, you will stop what you are doing and run because its so loud.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve used security nuts in the past. I just received security screws for my upcoming Baja Designs lights from Amazon. You can buy the stainless screws in bulk for far cheaper than the light companies sell them for.

BD sells some pyramid style nuts I was also looking at, but I’m a little concerned about access behind the bumper.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they make special nuts that require a specific tool to remove. my issue with them was that i wasnt able to get them tight enough so they loosened up on me several times. i ended up opening the light and soldering onto the board where the power and ground connect. soldered a wire in to the ground side and ran it through a relay that is connected to my alarm. what happens is when they cut the wires to the light, the relay drops ground which triggers a signal to my alarm. with my alarm connected to my train horn, you will stop what you are doing and run because its so loud.

What train horn do you have?

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
That’s pretty awesome

thanks to everyone that responded. I’ve found some on amazon some specifically from Rigid but they don’t have great reviews.
Wouldn’t be so worried about it, but it will be mounted directly to the bumper in the bumper or behind the grill.
Probably won’t happen but ******* thieves are everywhere.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the are mounted above my skid plate. i have a lex bumper and when they built it, they made specific mounts and tabs for my flir camera, train horns, and lights