Rigid light bar theft protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used security bolts with red Loctite on them. It`s one of the strongest thread lockers they make so you don`t have to worry about them ever coming loose, coupled with the security hardware it would at least make it more difficult and time consuming for them to try to get them off. Hopefully they wouldn't want to be there for 20 minutes trying and not have the right tools needed

If you ever want to remove them all you need to do is apply heat to them and at a predetermined temperature the bond is broken

I have friends that have put a small tack weld on the hardware for the lights and mounting brackets

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is room in a stock Gen 2 to mount them?
There`s plenty of room on the roof, go to Home Depot and get yourself a light pull chain and go old school.

Many years ago you could buy what looked looked light a light bar and mount it on the rear speaker shelf and it had pre programmed messages that were in the old independent small red bulbs. Some sayings were Have a nice day, see you later, Why doesn`t someone make them now that you can put your own sayings in them like, Get the FU**k out of the fast lane, Nice blinker ********, etc

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used security bolts with red Loctite on them. It`s one of the strongest thread lockers they make so you don`t have to worry about them ever coming loose, coupled with the security hardware it would at least make it more difficult and time consuming for them to try to get them off. Hopefully they wouldn't want to be there for 20 minutes trying and not have the right tools needed

If you ever want to remove them all you need to do is apply heat to them and at a predetermined temperature the bond is broken

I have friends that have put a small tack weld on the hardware for the lights and mounting brackets

I tacked the bolts for the winch on one of my previous offroad trucks.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the katrina 540.
That`s one hell of a horn, I live 5 blocks away from a railroad crossing with a mandatory 5 horn blast, at first it was annoying but now I can`t even tell you when the train went by

I went onto Kleinn`s website and they have a specific kit for the 17-20 Raptor SCREW and its not cheap, just under $1500.00 but it is a direct mount with no mods needed. It might be worth it because the price of Xanax is going up along with the doctors charge to keep the road rage down

road-trip-meme-joke-00040-prep.jpg

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score