Ridiculous dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order

Maybe its true no Ford Raptors in 2015, while they retool, but they will be back in 2016, or late 2015. Call AutoNation Ford in Fort Worth, talk to Dave Ball he has no resaon to lie, ask him about cost, and allocation? He gave me a good deal, if he can get it for you he will, cheers

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ken Grody ford in California has raptors listed for 70k, 80k, and up to 98k.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[SIZE=1i work in healthcare. its a 365/24/7 industry. when i get washingtons birthday and columbus day off, paid by civilian taxpayers, come talk to me.[/quote]

My wife works in health care, so I quite understand the tremendous differences in the work scenario. However, the work scenario has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of people involved. The people who get national holidays off also work long hours, stay late when they're not even asked, make sure our warfighters in the field get what they need, etc.

You are generalizing, and that always introduces error.

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the salespeople are polite and don't judge me or treat me differently based on my appearance that day, I'm not going to fault them for setting pricing at whatever level they want. Based on their demographics and the supply/demand, if they can sell them at that price, good for them. They won't get my business, but it isn't personal.

18 months ago, I walked into my local dealership dressed like I was going to the gym...shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes. Walked out having ordered one of their two '13 GT500s. When I went to order my raptor, I joked with them about missing my '97 F150 and looking to see how things have changed. They had a good laugh remembering back to when I was there 15 months earlier, looking like I might be buying a fiesta. They treated me with respect, had market-relevant pricing in the area, and earned my business.

It's the arrogant, ******, bold-faced lying stereotypical salesperson that I have zero tolerance for.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife. My wife looks like she's 15 years old, but has a Phd in Engineering and is a tentured professor at a major university on the East coast. Long story short, she walks into the local Cadillac dealerships, interested in a new Escalade. All the sale people ignored her and went into a sales meeting leaving her to deal with the only person on the floor who was a trainee that started that day. Well, at my wife's amusement, the trainee got the sale comission on an 85K SUV (the first car he ever sold) and the other saleman got a lecture from her to not judge people on their appearances. She basically laughed in their faces. I don't think they'll ever forget her.

maxemus

Reaction score
I understand the OP is upset with Gus Machado ford but there's no need to classify everyone in miami in a bad light. I have bought 2 raptors down here and have gotten reasonable deals comparable with dealers in other less populated areas of the country.
Ultimately it's law of supply and demand and if you can get away with charging above sticker you will do so.

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife. My wife looks like she's 15 years old, but has a Phd in Engineering and is a tentured professor at a major university on the East coast. Long story short, she walks into the local Cadillac dealerships, interested in a new Escalade. All the sale people ignored her and went into a sales meeting leaving her to deal with the only person on the floor who was a trainee that started that day. Well, at my wife's amusement, the trainee got the sale comission on an 85K SUV (the first car he ever sold) and the other saleman got a lecture from her to not judge people on their appearances. She basically laughed in their faces. I don't think they'll ever forget her.

Haha that happens a lot. I never get approached when entering a dealership. They always think I'm there to waste time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I understand the OP is upset with Gus Machado ford but there's no need to classify everyone in miami in a bad light. I have bought 2 raptors down here and have gotten reasonable deals comparable with dealers in other less populated areas of the country.
Ultimately it's law of supply and demand and if you can get away with charging above sticker you will do so.

I didn't say everyone in Miami. Just said that particular dealership. $15,000 markup is excessive.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky. I walked into my dealer 20 minutes after getting off a rig location covered in mud and grease. They treated me like I was buying a Lamborghini and had the pocket book to do so. It all depends on where you go. P.s. out of respect for my new baby I decided not to climb into her while covered in mud and grease the day we met lol.