Ridiculous dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
So after doing a bunch of homework on the Raptor I decided to visit a dealership, with an empty check (I was ready to buy it), to see how much they would charge me.

I'm 25 years old, still have a baby face behind my beard, so no one took me seriously (story of my life). Some sales lady came up to me and began to try and sell me the Raptor, I politely told her that I had done my homework on it and this is the car that I'm interested in the most, but I would like a test drive first. I've never driven it, so I wanted to see how smooth it was. She told me she would have to do a credit check in order to test drive, f*ck that.

Long story short, the MSRP on the Raptor was ~$55,000, plus a $15,000 MARK UP. $15,000!!!! Ridiculous. She told me how close to that $15,000 could I come up with, I told her $0 and began to walk out. As I was walking out the manager told me "Oh, I'll reduce the markup to $8,000 if you buy it now".

Safe to say I got the hell out of there. They have been calling me ever since, but I refuse to pay $65,000 for a Raptor when I see that some of you have paid in the lower $40,000's.

D

Deleted member 12951

You are not going to get a raptor that is $55k msrp in the lower $40k's even if you order and wait. Raptors on a dealers lot typically are msrp. If you have to order one most of the time to get one less than msrp.

And stop walking into dealerships. Do it via email or phone call at least.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
The name of the dealership is Gus Machado Ford in Miami, FL.

Terrible service too

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

You are not going to get a raptor that is $55k msrp in the lower $40k's even if you order and wait. Raptors on a dealers lot typically are msrp. If you have to order one most of the time to get one less than msrp.

And stop walking into dealerships. Do it via email or phone call at least.

Sent using Tapatalk

Well maybe high $40's, but $65,000+? F*ck that. People down here in Miami aren't the nicest and they're always looking to shaft potential buyers.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my 2001 SCAB by walking into the dealership, and I paid $41,000 plus tax. I don't think that there is a magic formula, I think that you simply need to be dealing with honest people.

Before I made my purchase I visited 5 Ford dealerships and had made substantive contact with two others. A salesman at one dealership said, "We've never seen a Raptor," and that was the end of the conversation. Raptors didn't exist for those guys. At another dealership I was told that they'd never had a Raptor on the lot, and wouldn't I like to settle for a lesser truck? No exaggeration.

It's like finding a primary care doctor or a dentist - you have to hunt until you find one that resonates with you.

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
I got my 2001 SCAB by walking into the dealership, and I paid $41,000 plus tax. I don't think that there is a magic formula, I think that you simply need to be dealing with honest people.

Before I made my purchase I visited 5 Ford dealerships and had made substantive contact with two others. A salesman at one dealership said, "We've never seen a Raptor," and that was the end of the conversation. Raptors didn't exist for those guys. At another dealership I was told that they'd never had a Raptor on the lot, and wouldn't I like to settle for a lesser truck? No exaggeration.

It's like finding a primary care doctor or a dentist - you have to hunt until you find one that resonates with you.

Yeah I see that. Thanks.

My sales-lady told me "I've worked here for a year and I have yet to sell a Raptor." I should've walked away after that sentence.

But I'll keep on looking. I'm sure I'll find a good deal eventually

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score

Ive always liked those 2001 raptors

haha jk bud

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you contact Randy (look for the blue Randy link on the right). I ordered my Raptor from him in 2011, it was the easiest vehicle purchase I ever made. I never had to step foot into a dealership. At the time his cost was $3K under MSRP. While you may be able to shop around a find a little bit better deal (I didn't) you would be hard pressed to find a better guy to deal with.

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
I would suggest you contact Randy (look for the blue Randy link on the right). I ordered my Raptor from him in 2011, it was the easiest vehicle purchase I ever made. I never had to step foot into a dealership. At the time his cost was $3K under MSRP. While you may be able to shop around a find a little bit better deal (I didn't) you would be hard pressed to find a better guy to deal with.

Thanks, but I can't seem to find the link that you're talking about

Last edited: