Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a (hopefully soon) new Raptor owner. How does the Gen2 augmented exhaust work? Is it an always on type of thing coming through the speakers with no adjustment? Does it automatically change with say radio volume &/or drive modes?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks really wake up with just a tune. I also live 400above sea level. I don't like TFLs device (GPS guided) I trust something that plugs directly into the OBD port that can analog the times. The GPS is always going to have a minor delay, maybe not much but when it comes to speed it matters.
Agreee on tune... a good transmission strategy makes one of the biggest improvements imo. Hoping someone can crack the new PCM encryption... or we will be out of luck.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What in the wide wide world of sports was Ford thinking when they decided to keep this stupid sound augmentation crap in the cab.....SMDH
Is it really that big of a deal? Manufacturers have done it for years. If you don't want piped in noise, buy a TRX and go way faster

Battery749

Reaction score
I'm a (hopefully soon) new Raptor owner. How does the Gen2 augmented exhaust work? Is it an always on type of thing coming through the speakers with no adjustment? Does it automatically change with say radio volume &/or drive
In my opinion it's very subtle. People always made a big deal outta it and in saying that it never bothered me. It's not like if you turn your audio up it's going to blast eng notes. It's pretty tame and if you listen to the radio you won't notice it at all, at least i don't.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it really that big of a deal? Manufacturers have done it for years. If you don't want piped in noise, buy a TRX and go way faster
LOL not a big deal but I'm a purist and want to hear the actual engine versus what is being piped in. The engine sound, I believe, is important in any high performance vehicle when you are off-roading. Maybe you just floor it and hold on but I prefer to finesse it and use the engine power to my advantage and hearing it helps to let me know I'm in peak power. To each is own and BTW my Ford Focus doesn't pipe in any engine sounds LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.