Review: Bed Rug Bedcover with Tailgate Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Falcon,
call John at Speedliner in Tulsa at 918 664 6700, he can drop ship one to your front door.

Thanks buddy! Got a call from my dealer a bit ago... with a VIN!! <G>

Falcon

By the way, I think we are a bit confuzzeled on the hierarchy of BackFlips. Maybe this will help:

View attachment 375

Clear as mud? If you want to know WHY one is better that the others... go to the backflip web site, they explain it very well.

Falcon

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
BedRug and Bakflip are the only way to go.

I was never a bed cover type because of motorcycles work and having to limit my cargo to the height of the bed. The bakflip folds forward and removes in 2 minutes. The only prob I have is the screws on the back panel that hold the latching system on have broken off.

The Bedrug is awesome...I didn't know how great they were til I got one. I am always putting stuff in there for work, camping, motorcycles and it looks great still. No marks rips or damage of any kind. I usually just hose it off and leave the bakfip open to let the bedrug dry out.

I had both installed for $1200. $800 for the Bakflip and $400 for the bedrug...it works out though now I can have the place that installed the bakflip fix it instead of having to deal with bakflip myself.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BakFlip F1 is only sold by BAkFlip- the Ford version is the BakFlip HD (with improved hinges and rails and a 3 year warranty instead of 2). If you have hail where you live, get the F1 directly from BakFlip for sure. I am extremely happy with it and the fit is perfect- the install is ridiculously easy- DO NOT pay someone to do it (I am not a gear head or very technical- if it is easy for me it will be for everyone)

Re: BakFlip and tent

Not sure how the tent would attach, but u could definately fold the BakFlip all the way to the cabin or just half way and sleep with head toward tailgate. If you send me a link to the tent you are talking about, I could give you a more educated answer- I have never used one of thoses tents- educate me

Thanks for all the great NFO OB. The truck tent is cool. We have a thread on it here http://tinyurl.com/3yt5umm that's a link to one of my posts on the thread. They are the 'bomb' ... you can roll in and pop your tent up when you get to the campsite and not worry about rain, mud spiders or snakes. And you can cruise around (SLOWLY <G>) the next morning to reposition for shade etc.

Falcon

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has to be for the soft top, not the folding hard cover? If not, PM me the dealer name and number. Not sure what state you are in... but the cover on their web site is $850 and the cheapest I found it online (if true) if $765

bstoner59

Reaction score
Bakflip HD at Fuller Camper in Fullerton. I believe they have a place in Riverside too. I had a few things done on a couple trucks there so they discounted most of the labor. The initial quote was $850 installed I believe.

bstoner59

Reaction score
Fuller Camper in Fullerton. There was a few cars involved so they discounted most of the labor. The initial quote was $850 installed. They were kind of a pain to deal with. Try calling around some camper shell places in Vegas I'm sure there will be some deals similar...especially if you with the bakflip and the rug.

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a good roll up cover check out Roll-N-Lock, these covers roll up like a garage door. I have installed a bunch of them, Taint cheap though.

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, for any accessories call John at SPEEDLINER in Tulsa OK, tell him Tim sent you from the SVYoffroad forum. He can drop ship you products, tell him the best price you have seen, He will be honest with you,and if he can he will meet or beat the price.
John 918 664 6700.