Review: Bed Rug Bedcover with Tailgate Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Moisture? What's that? :)

Seriously, it's hot here in SoCal. Except when it rains which is rarely.

The only way I get water/moisture on my Bedrug is from spills inside.

It will stand up to hosing it out but you'll always want to open the bed up to sunlight and air to dry it out (you could use a wet/dry vac but you'd still want it to be completely dry).

The product is very durable and will hold up well to water, soap, you name it.

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
I installed the Bedrug myself- took about an hour. Had one in Toyo Tacoma for 6 years with no problems. I cut slits for the tie downs like others have posted.

By the way, also installed the BakFlip F1- literally took 20 minutes for a perfect fit- drove it for a week and retightened all bolts with Threadlocker..I also went to home Depot and got 2 90 degree elbows for the drip lines so they go behind the bedrug high up on the sidewall- spray painted them black and you can't even see them and cargo wont bump them...

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I order the baklip from the ford dealer, which one am I getting and what is an average price most people pay?

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
The BakFlip F1 is only sold by BAkFlip- the Ford version is the BakFlip HD (with improved hinges and rails and a 3 year warranty instead of 2). If you have hail where you live, get the F1 directly from BakFlip for sure. I am extremely happy with it and the fit is perfect- the install is ridiculously easy- DO NOT pay someone to do it (I am not a gear head or very technical- if it is easy for me it will be for everyone)

Re: BakFlip and tent

Not sure how the tent would attach, but u could definately fold the BakFlip all the way to the cabin or just half way and sleep with head toward tailgate. If you send me a link to the tent you are talking about, I could give you a more educated answer- I have never used one of thoses tents- educate me

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so it is the HD, what are most guys paying for that through a dealer? Or would it be cheaper direct from the OEM? And I only see a 2 year warranty on the web site for the HD?

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
The Ford unit is an upgraded HD- it has better hinges and rails than the BakFlip HD
The Bakflip F1 has the upgraded hinges and factory shimmed rails and is more weather resistant.

Ford gives you a 3 year warranty
BakFlip gives you a 2 year warranty.
I bought directly from BakFlip and paid wahtever they charge on the website, don't recall exact number
If you are looking for the best unit, it's the F1 (IMHO).
The HD will dent with hail storms, The F1 won't

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, the HD is listed on thier web site at $849??? I got a quote from me Ford Dealer for over $200 less??? I guess I need to order from Ford and get a "better" HD and "better" warranty, for LESS CASH???

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh well, to good to be true, I was quoted the price for the OEM roll back style cover,... NOT..

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ME? OVERTHINK SOMETHING??? <GGG>

Thanks for the input Dan, I just don't know if I can sew up the slits like was recommended. I truly didn't know how tuff the bedrug is. I think that's the deal for me. Now I just gotta find out how to get one... no one here in the wilds of the Ozarks has them. The "Dealer Locater" on the BedRug website actually LAUGHED at me when I put my zip code in it.

Falcon

Hey Falcon,
call John at Speedliner in Tulsa at 918 664 6700, he can drop ship one to your front door.