Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait is it iron man that does the light or rsiworks? I got confused, sorry. Also are you cutting them apart and then resealing them or baking them and then resealing them? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Wait is it iron man that does the light or rsiworks? I got confused, sorry. Also are you cutting them apart and then resealing them or baking them and then resealing them? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone

I'm both IRON and RSi.
You have to cut them open, you can't bake them apart I've tried and it wasn't pretty.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm both IRON and RSi.

You have to cut them open, you can't bake them apart I've tried and it wasn't pretty.

Ok sweet thanks for clearing that up lol I used to do Chevy lights having tried some ford ones though

Sent from my iPhone

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Well, update for you guys.
I will NOT be figuring out how to control hyper flash anymore with load resistors or what not.
There is one fix and the BEST fix that can be done for this. Basically you take your truck into FORD and have them delete the code from the BCM that tells your trucks lights to flash fast.
I've had 2 customers to date do this and they no longer have the problem of the dreaded hyper flash plus they are not running load resistors.
ALL GONE!

Basically print this out and take it to your Ford dealer and tell them you want it done to your truck. Cost is roughly $100

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-158R3.pdf

My truck is in the shop as I type getting this done.

Last edited:

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean you're still gonna make some sweet tails and in conjunction with this sve we will have the most awesome non hyper flash tails on the market?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this for both, frond and rear?
I will NOT be figuring out how to control hyper flash anymore with load resistors or what not.
There is one fix and the BEST fix that can be done for this. Basically you take your truck into FORD and have them delete the code from the BCM that tells your trucks lights to flash fast.
I've had 2 customers to date do this and they no longer have the problem of the dreaded hyper flash plus they are not running load resistors.
ALL GONE!

Basically print this out and take it to your Ford dealer and tell them you want it done to your truck. Cost is roughly $100

Yes it is!

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Well just got back from my dealership and they couldn't do it or didn't know how to.
I'll be taking it to another dealer but I might run into a problem cause I've been told that the BCM's are different on the 2010 Raptors compared to the later models.
So basically 2010 Raptors might be screwed, but I won't give up.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL GONE!

Damn, I knew it! I was hopeful that something could be done like this.

:challenge:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/led-turn-signals-hyperflash-bcm-reprogram-28941/

Now get to work on those tails so that I can rack up some more credit card bills!