Retrax Pro XR ...how big is canister?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerebus

Reaction score
Thinking about a hard tonneau and will likely go with the Retrax Pro XR. However, I'm curious how much you lose at the top with the canister. I'd like to still be able to put the quad in the bed.

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about a hard tonneau and will likely go with the Retrax Pro XR. However, I'm curious how much you lose at the top with the canister. I'd like to still be able to put the quad in the bed.

I have the manual one and it is great. I'll take a picture and send it over later today.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You loose approx 1 foot of width and 1 foot of depth.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering your retrax pro's from, and is there any difference between say the gatortrax mx? They pretty much look the same when comparing the Aluminum models.

Colezone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one on my Raptor (The electric one) that I'll be looking to sell soon. Looking to get $2,000 and I'll ship it to your door. It's great, I'm just not really a tonneau cover guy and it came with the truck.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Retrax Pro on my last pickup (Tundra Crew). It worked great but the space where the barrel is located did require me to give up room when carrying certain loads. In the end, I decided to haul my bike using a hitch mounted motorcycle Joe Hauler instead. Actually made it easier & safer to load the bike on the truck vs trying to load onto the bed.

I haven't yet used the joe hauler with the Raptor