Resurection!! Bringing a totaled Raptor back from the dead!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, if you don't mind answering, I know your labor costs are high but it's your own work and well worth it considering your son is getting involved..Etc.. how much will you end up paying for the parts and the truck?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, this thread is incredible. the amount of knowledge, dedication and labor to get this done is highly respectable. sounds like you are getting down to the details which can be the most time consuming and frustrating with newer, fully computer-controlled vehicles.

it will be awesome to see the job complete, although obviously for you part of the fun is in the journey. and doing it with your son, even better! i have twin 18 month girls and my "hope" is that at least one of them will show interest in cars. i remember when my dad started me out having me "fetch" tools for him, which in and of itself was quite a learning process for sure.

OP
OP
R

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, if you don't mind answering, i know your labor costs are high but it's your own work and well worth it considering your son is getting involved..etc.. How much will you end up paying for the parts and the truck?

Sent from my nexus 6p using tapatalk

original budget was 25k...
Did not expect the transmission/transfer case/front axle/frame/wiring harness/steering rack... Replacements

so i will be around 35k when all said and done but was too far into project to stop

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the vacuum leak solve the idle problem?
If not, and it isn't throwing codes, put a tuner on it and get some logs. That may help you find a problem.