Replacing BFG's with???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a '13 on order and hoping its here in early October , I drive a lot on gravel and know the BFG's are bad for throwing rocks so my dealer is going to replace them with either Goodyear Duratracs or Nitto Terra Grapplers, basically I'll end up paying for mounting and balancing probably.

I have had the Nittos before and am satisfied with their noise level and minimal rock throwing but have no experience with the Goodyears but I know a lot of you guys are running them and are happy with them. How noisy are the Goodyears compared to the Nittos?

Also, the Goodyears are exact size of the BFG's, the Nittos are half inch taller and a bit wider I think. (325/70/17). I don't think will have much of an effect on gearing right?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, just trying to keep my mind distracted from the waiting!

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id say rock the duratracs, thats what i plan to do when I need new shoes, if you get some rims also you can get the bigger size duratracs, (325/70/18 i think)

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My DuraTracs have been absolutely amazing - bought them as winter tires, and due to the look / incredible performance, they've turned in to year-round tires

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nittos - rotate em every other oil change and you will be very satisfied... IMO

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my MTR's on gravel roads, solid traction and not nearly as many DING's happening as those damn stockers.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
just ordered FalkenWildpeak ATs, BFG shot at 22k.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered Toyo 35" MT with method wheels from TMX. They speak very highly of them. I will post some pics and review once I get them.

Dave

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your gonna get a lot of different answers on tires as it comes down to personal preference. All of the above are good tires, among others. Personally, I run BFG Mud Terrain KM2s and love em.

Unfortunately, all aggressive tread tires are going to throw up stuff on the side of your rig....My best advise...Get a set of mud flaps, at least in the front. It makes a huge difference. Dont wait until your sides get sandblasted.

Do a search, a number of options available.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered Toyo 35" MT with method wheels from TMX. They speak very highly of them. I will post some pics and review once I get them.

Dave

My TOYO M/T's on Method racers are awesome offroad. The best offroad tire money can buy imho.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Unfortunately, all aggressive tread tires are going to throw up stuff on the side of your rig....My best advise...Get a set of mud flaps, at least in the front. It makes a huge difference. Dont wait until your sides get sandblasted.

Once you really start offroading a lot, you just give up on it. My truck has scratches all over it and a few chips and dings... Adds chararacter