GEN 2 Replaced stock taillight with Limited tailight and Cross Traffic and Blind Spot doesnt work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JumpMaster82d

Reaction score
My 2018 Raptor factory taillight was cracked and a friend has a 2017 Limited taillight. Everything was plug and play and all the light functions work fine however I get an Cross Traffic and Blind Spot error on the start center display screen. Is this a programming issue that FORSCAN can fix or is there internal differences in the lights? Obviously the Limited truck has both the Cross Traffic and Blind Spot monitor options as my truck does.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
move the old BLIS units over. the units themselves are programmed and activated for the specific truck. the heatsinks stay with the taillights, but the blis units mounted to them can be swapped over

gs-2020

Reaction score
Anyone figure out if Forscan can activate the BLIS and CTA sensors? I replaced a cracked tail light on a 2018 Raptor with one from a salvage yard but the Alerts for the BLIS and CTA still fire. All the lights in the new (used) tail light work fine.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone figure out if Forscan can activate the BLIS and CTA sensors? I replaced a cracked tail light on a 2018 Raptor with one from a salvage yard but the Alerts for the BLIS and CTA still fire. All the lights in the new (used) tail light work fine.
You need to program the replacement SOD module to the truck. Not sure if ForScan has that capability, it can do As-Built but I don’t think it can do PMI.