Ruh-roh... really hope I don’t have the broken screen gloom and doom x2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in my First Edition Bronco the API module eventually went out around 2000 miles. This caused my main center display to not turn on, audio to not work, and the lower USB plugs to not provide power. The process to figure this out involved tearing apart the entire truck.. literally.. a pretty sad sight.

More sad then how it looked, was the ETA for the module which at the time was.. no ETA. The module is ordered from a 3rd party supplier and not from Ford. I never actually received the module before I finally sold the Bronco and let the new owner deal with the warranty work.. for all I know the guy is still waiting.

As a separate aside, a kind guy on the forums who worked for Ford looked up my VHR and was able to tell me what was likely the cause before even heading to the dealer.. had he not done that I'm not 100% convinced the dealer would have figured it out so quickly.. they had other thoughts about it first.

Flash forward to yesterday.. screen in the MY21 Raptor (built Jan 14, 2022) went out. It did reboot.. but this was the first beginning of the end for my Bronco.. it did this a few times sporadically before the module stopped speaking to the car all together and it never rebooted.

i iz zad.

I'm sending it straight to the dealer and msg the forum guy if he can check my VHR on the Raptor to see if it spit out the same error my Bronco originally did... if my screens going out I want to get that part ordered asap... has this occurred to any other Raptor owner yet?!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There have been a couple other members who have had the same issue, I thought I read before that it could be caused by a loose connector under the seat by one member and another thought it was some "main control board", don't remember what it was called, could be what you said, idk.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, just my cell phone
You’d be surprised how many times the customer’s cell phone is the root cause of the issue. Not all phones are compatible, and phone manufacturers are making constant updates that they don’t validate with OEs. Certain operating systems and apps can cause issues with the system. A few years ago we had the “MLB at Bat” app locking up navigation, and there’s always been issues with non-alphanumeric characters causing system issues.

I’d recommend following these instructions to perform a Master Reset. If the system doesn’t have an issue without your phone paired, then the phone is most likely inducing the issue.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Playing around with forscan trying to add bluecruise and toasted a module?

Haven't even been able to hook up forscan yet to the raptor at all. But, as retarded as your comment is.. no, nothing like that would toast a module in even the most extreme example.

But at this point with all my issues with the truck from suspension to electronics the reason I haven't even removed double honk from the car is because I didn't want any excuse from Ford here with all these random problems.