Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Repainting my Raptor, looking for hood design ideas...

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by TheButcher, Feb 21, 2021 at 9:29 AM.

1. Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave Member

Way too busy for me. I think it looks great the way it is now. (Other than the wrap you say is getting bad.) I don['t know what your base color is under the wrap but I think it looks good white!

2. Reaper308

Reaper308 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with the fellas it looks good with the hood graphics you have now. Sorry but it looks clean now not like someone trying too hard.

3. TheButcher

TheButcher Full Access Member

I've actually been through several trucks in the past few years, but I don't see getting rid of this one anytime soon. Not until/unless they drop a fire breathing V8 in the R. Then I'd be tempted. I just still don't love the headlight redesign...

He's going to paint what I want, he just likes to see if he can influence me another direction. Those other pics were from SEMA trucks (Greg Adler's for 4WP/Truck Hero, and the guy that owned N-Fab), so they had to be something a little different. They are cool in person, but I agree it's not something I would want to drive every day.

I think I'll stick with what I have now...
    Maybe a mountain range with the moon in the background and a howling wolf? Totally dig it!

I just had him paint an '87 Suburban in Orange for a friend. I thought it was going to look ridiculous, but it actually came out really good. Not sure I can get there on a Raptor though.

It's white underneath, but we are going back with House of Color Pearl White Metallic with a Satin Clear. The current wrap is sort of a satin white with matte/satin black accents. I like it because it different than the factory white. The exposed carbon on the fenders will be gloss clear coated again. It adds a really nice contrast.

Agreed!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Fireman Dave likes this.
  4. Rollofire

Rollofire Full Access Member

I like the way it is now, very clean those other options look like crap! if I was to wrap mine it might be in Avalanche or maybe Flat Dark Earth...

TheButcher likes this.
  5. Johnkn

Johnkn FRF Addict

Are you talking only paint? What would look REALLY good is if the hood insert was lifted ~2” higher. Whether with a CAD spacer ring or re-molded insert (in CF).

6. Idaho

Idaho Full Access Member

What about painting it Avalanche? Personally, that color is very appealing but House of Kolor has some amazing products as well.

7. TheButcher

TheButcher Full Access Member

I'm trying to get away from wrapping since this truck sits outside all the time. The flat wraps just don't hold up that good over time.
    Hmmm, not sure about that. I don't mind a diifferent hood design sometimes, but not sure I can get onboard with raising the hood insert 2". Got any pics of something like that?

Is Avalance a white color, or grey? The factory color underneath is white. I like it, but want to go with a more matte/satin finish and some flake/pearl in it. It will look somewhat like the wrap that is on it, but with the flake/pearl.

8. Donovan

Donovan FRF Addict

Why not a wrap, something like a matte white and gold

9. 2020Raptor

2020Raptor Full Access Member

10. Idaho

Idaho Full Access Member

[​IMG]

Here is avalanche grey. It was only available on the '17's and also looks amazing in the sun (to me that is).

Here is the color on Ford's race / test truck in this video

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 8:18 PM