Repainting my Raptor, looking for hood design ideas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting the wrap removed from my Raptor and getting a full paint job so the carbon fenders match the cab, hood, and tailgate. My thought is to keep the current paint scheme, but my paint guy is itching to do something different with the hood design. He's done some cool stuff on other Raptors, but since my truck will only be two colors (white with black accents), I'm not so sure I want to do anything different to my current design theme. Does anyone have some pics of different hood graphics/designs they can post on here to give me some ideas? The first pic below is how my truck currently looks. I don't have any good hood shots and the truck is at the paint shop already. It is essentially just two stripes on either side of the top of the hood. The next few are options he is showing me that he has done. I like what he has done, but I don't want to add any colors to my truck.

IMG_4457.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_192EE1005150-1.jpeg

IMG_CD7F7F86447D-1.jpeg

OP
OP
TheButcher

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I actually like the way you have it now more than any of those others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I tend to agree...

Paint guys just get bored and like to do different things to keep it interesting. I get it. I just don't like it more than what I have now.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to do something like that, why not use decals? That way if you decide that you don't like it, you can peel them off.

OP
OP
TheButcher

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want to do something like that, why not use decals? That way if you decide that you don't like it, you can peel them off.
It has decals now. I might just have him do white and I'll ad decals later, but I'm trying to get away from wrap/decal. They just end up looking crappy after a few years. Admittedly though, the black hood decals on it currently don't look bad. It's just the white wrap on the fenders and bedsides that look terrible now, and the black roof wrap is starting to look bad too.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like your paint guy. He might like painting things that awful but he doesn’t have to drive them every day or try to sell them a few years later. Stick with what you like.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a Raptor, how about painting the outline of some sand dunes or something cool, not tuner paint jobs.