Removing Plasti-Dip From Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You did the whole truck? Thinking about the roof and hood in black when I get home.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Yep I'm in process of doing whole truck. Been thinking about it since I dipped by bike couple years ago.

It's HOT here in Louisiana. Dip dries quick too.

Someone on forum did his roof black, said it took him 4 cans. Just make sure you remove tape immediately after last coat.

MichaelChad

Reaction score
Yep I'm in process of doing whole truck. Been thinking about it since I dipped by bike couple years ago.

It's HOT here in Louisiana. Dip dries quick too.

Someone on forum did his roof black, said it took him 4 cans. Just make sure you remove tape immediately after last coat.

Try adding 10-15% mineral spirits if you're not spraying in temp controlled room. Over 80 degrees and you won't have time to get the entire panel wet, high likelihood you'll end up with lines.

4 cans is a hell of a coat for a roof! Will be very very durable, and peel easy. For reference we usually use 5-6 gallons on a full size crew cab. You can do less with the darker colors but removal will be a bitch!

Last edited: