Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBFan

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm going to jump in and buy a raptor regardless of the ridiculous gas prices here in Canada. Due to being in Winnipeg Manitoba in winters we get pretty cold and i was wondering if ford stopped putting in remote start into the Raptor cause i can't see it on Ford.com nor .ca and i want that option.

thnx.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an fyi. Things may be differnt with the 2011's but I've heard good conversation that the aftermarkets will give you greater distance for activating your remote. I had a Pursuit installed in mine. I can start my truck when I'm standing in the back of a Best Buy with no problems which is nice. I've heard the stock remotes have way less distance. Correct me if I'm wrong those with 2011's.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I'm going with the viper system

Seems to be the best bang for the buck(800$ buck that is)

CB17

Reaction score
Just an fyi. Things may be differnt with the 2011's but I've heard good conversation that the aftermarkets will give you greater distance for activating your remote. I had a Pursuit installed in mine. I can start my truck when I'm standing in the back of a Best Buy with no problems which is nice. I've heard the stock remotes have way less distance. Correct me if I'm wrong those with 2011's.

Correct...I'm finding the stock remote start I have in my 2011 doesn't have all that great of a range:Angry:

Anyone know of a way (not the chin method either...don't work) of getting more distance from the stock remote start feature?

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Bo and I have the Viper 5902 and Ironman is running a similar model. The range is up to one mile - if you're not in a concrete jungle. Basically if you can see the truck - it will remote start.