RELIABLE AIR CONDITIONER FOR TRUCK BED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zybane, thank you sooooo very much for the attachments!! I am not a tech savvy person, would you mind explaining how easy, or difficult, both devices are to install, connect and set up? What is an OBD-II port? How are they powered and is the cord with the camera long enough to reach the rear of the truck? I would like to aim it inside the truck bed from a place near the tailgate. See attached pic of my crates. Can I simultaneously use two cameras, one as an actual dash cam and one for the dogs? I am extremely interested in both devices and appreciate your assistance.

Attachments

• 92ACA6DB-E558-4CFA-A3DA-177DC805C15E.jpeg
    92ACA6DB-E558-4CFA-A3DA-177DC805C15E.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just watched the Ring install video and understand the install, but how long is the cable and I assume the Raptor, due to the OBD plug, can only be equipped with one camera, correct?

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has posted this, but these just came out this summer. Should work perfect to run for a couple hours and keep your dogs cool:

I delete my rear seats and run a Gunner Kennal and just leave my truck running. Growing up in the South, it’s just too hot and humid to do otherwise.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has posted this, but these just came out this summer. Should work perfect to run for a couple hours and keep your dogs cool:

I delete my rear seats and run a Gunner Kennal and just leave my truck running. Growing up in the South, it’s just too hot and humid to do otherwise.
I’m glad you brought the rear seats. Although I’m sorry I have it, my truck has the Pro power gizmo and something related to to it is behind the RR seat, can I remove the rear seats and protect the gizmo, if so, how? I also own a 2019 Raptor and behind the rear seat is a stereo amplifier, I believe, how can I protect it from a dog?

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you brought the rear seats. Although I’m sorry I have it, my truck has the Pro power gizmo and something related to to it is behind the RR seat, can I remove the rear seats and protect the gizmo, if so, how? I also own a 2019 Raptor and behind the rear seat is a stereo amplifier, I believe, how can I protect it from a dog?
I built a custom platform for myself, but it is just like this:
IMG_2995.png

https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...s/ford-f150-supercrew-second-row-seat-deletes

It was a fun project as I sound deadened the rear cab wall, floor, and everything else, then built the platform. Goose Gear doesn’t have a model yet for the Gen 3, but you could certainly modify it or have a local carpenter build you something custom where the Pro Power is protected/accounted for.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a custom platform for myself, but it is just like this:
View attachment 414986

https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...s/ford-f150-supercrew-second-row-seat-deletes

It was a fun project as I sound deadened the rear cab wall, floor, and everything else, then built the platform. Goose Gear doesn’t have a model yet for the Gen 3, but you could certainly modify it or have a local carpenter build you something custom where the Pro Power is protected/accounted for.
That is an awesome set up, I am definitely very interested. The attach pic, taken from the website, appears to cover the entire rear floorboard?

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome set up, I am definitely very interested. The attach pic, taken from the website, appears to cover the entire rear floorboard?

Attachments

• D5D23D1D-E300-4C24-8913-9115DCDB3A16.png
    D5D23D1D-E300-4C24-8913-9115DCDB3A16.png
    616.7 KB · Views: 5

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir! The floor is completely flat, but elevated so you can still store some things in there. I don’t have kids nor hardly anyone who rides in the back seat, so it’s the perfect set up IMO.