Recon Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spoke to soon,one of my tailights is full of condensation now in less than a week! They told me to use a hairdryer and then silicone around the reverse socket. Too many headaches with aftermarket products for me,I'm done ******* around with this truck and wasteing good money on shity parts adverized as great products.:suicide:

Hate to say it, too many people have issues with these lights and customer service...

-Greg

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Spoke to soon,one of my tailights is full of condensation now in less than a week! They told me to use a hairdryer and then silicone around the reverse socket. Too many headaches with aftermarket products for me,I'm done ******* around with this truck and wasteing good money on shity parts adverized as great products.:suicide:

Should of said, "Isn't that your job!" lol

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Heck my factory tail lights get full of condensation every time I wash it.

I dont remember seeing condensation in my stock tailights,It's been sunny out for a few days now and the Recons seem to hold on to the moisture and it wont evaporate.I have a bad taste for aftermarket stuff now,It took three sets of Rigid dualy's to get past the same issue!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont remember seeing condensation in my stock tailights,It's been sunny out for a few days now and the Recons seem to hold on to the moisture and it wont evaporate.I have a bad taste for aftermarket stuff now,It took three sets of Rigid dualy's to get past the same issue!

Check out the thread M and R vs rigid. Posted that Rigids are hit or miss and don't like to get wet. Rigid owners started defending Rigid saying well I love them and have had no problems. I have not read anyone else on that thread mentioning water problems.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Check out the thread M and R vs rigid. Posted that Rigids are hit or miss and don't like to get wet. Rigid owners started defending Rigid saying well I love them and have had no problems. I have not read anyone else on that thread mentioning water problems.

I dont realy care about other people not haveing condensation problems with Rigid,I'm the one that had to take them out of my rear bumper and put them back in three times so If I'm the only one that claims to have condensation problems with Rigid dualy's I will shit on my Raptors hood and leave it there till it falls off!! I'm more pissed about Recon right now anyway,like I said my third set of dualy's are doing fine.I also said my 40" rigid e-series has been water tight for almost a year now so I'm not bashing Rigid's whole line of products.:shitsweak:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People need to vote with their hard.earned money. That is the what these forums are about.. Sharing information/reviews about products and vendors. And when a vendor has crap products and cistomer service, people need to learn from others and not buy their crap.. Hurt them in the pocket book...

FRF as a community needs to stand strong about this, and even if they are a supporting vendor it is not an excuse for **** poor products!

I know I am going to catch hell for this, how many screwed over customers us it going to take. And lame ass excuses, it was a manufacturing issue, blah, blah, blah. When the problem is supposed to be fixed and it is still the same issues?

William Wallace: "It's well beyond rage. Help me. In the name of Christ, help yourselves. Now is our chance. Now. If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a country of our own."

-Greg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Especially like the Braveheart quote...

The stock tails on either of my Raptors were never sealed right, and I often get water in them at the pressure washer. I'm just going to make a drain hole at the bottom and say to hell with it.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
People need to vote with their hard.earned money. That is the what these forums are about.. Sharing information/reviews about products and vendors. And when a vendor has crap products and cistomer service, people need to learn from others and not buy their crap.. Hurt them in the pocket book...

FRF as a community needs to stand strong about this, and even if they are a supporting vendor it is not an excuse for **** poor products!

I know I am going to catch hell for this, how many screwed over customers us it going to take. And lame ass excuses, it was a manufacturing issue, blah, blah, blah. When the problem is supposed to be fixed and it is still the same issues?

William Wallace: "It's well beyond rage. Help me. In the name of Christ, help yourselves. Now is our chance. Now. If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a country of our own."

-Greg

I agree with you 100% GJM, I read all the threads and was on the fence for almost a year.I spoke with Ryan Quinn at Recon and he assured me that only 1% of thier tailights take on water.I have had no issues with Recons smoked 3rd brake light exept the install because of thier wireing directions are wrong.I have emailed Recons customer service three days in a row asking for help with this issue and no reply.Luckily after calling them and geting nothing but an answering machine for days someone picked up the phone but only gave me the hairdryer and silicone ********. Damn I wish I never bought those tailights!:biggun:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont realy care about other people not haveing condensation problems with Rigid,I'm the one that had to take them out of my rear bumper and put them back in three times so If I'm the only one that claims to have condensation problems with Rigid dualy's I will shit on my Raptors hood and leave it there till it falls off!! I'm more pissed about Recon right now anyway,like I said my third set of dualy's are doing fine.I also said my 40" rigid e-series has been water tight for almost a year now so I'm not bashing Rigid's whole line of products.:shitsweak:

I think maybe you misunderstood what I was trying to say, but that doesn't mater. It looks like both of these Companies have quality problems. I am shopping for aftermarket lights and would not spend my money or waste my time with these company's products after all the problems and frustration they put people through.