RECON LED 3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody purchased this brake light for above the back windows. I was curious to any leaks or problems with it. I am going to order one if all is good.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
W28HE.gif

Almost bought the Recon LED 3rd brake light for the Raptor...
After research...Thank you FRF...I am now Not purchasing the Recon 3rd.
Too many leaks from end-users...which leads to a false Hill Descent warning on the dash cluster.

sultan

Reaction score
I bought recon 3rd brake light the smoked one and I had the Hill Descent warning but I am not sure it was from the light but after searching here and other web sites it seems to me the its the mean reason to had this problem so I will go back to the oem light

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, but the first light rain and it leaked causing multiple error codes to surface. I reinstalled OEM and no issues, but still don't like the look at all. Maybe add some rtv sealant or something to the Recon light...?

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that leak issue is also for the stock 3rd brake light also, ive had my recon on for almost 5 months and I wont praise them for their quality but it hasnt had a leak or problem yet, just the wire'n which is the biggest joke in the world

*edit* also a cheaper and semi easier way to get that look, just wrap your stock brake light black yourself,

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Had mine on for just over a year now, no leaks or issues, I did have one of thier smoked tailights take on condensation but after swaping it with a new one it's been ok for four months now.

OP
OP
R

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there any other companies that make the 3rd brake light. Recon can't be the only one out there.