Recipe for long term gains w/ lower warranty concern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer now for cam phasers. Left my catch can, cobb intake, downpipes, piggyback tuner that is clearly visible in the engine bay and everything else on the vehicle. They only asked if I would pay for them to remove and reinstall the catch can and tuner. They even gave me a free loaner. 2019 FX4 and I cannot wait to get the raptor back. Having to take the key out of my pocket to unlock the truck and having to use it to start the truck is for the birds.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is completely up to the dealer for most small things. When you go to get your cam phasers replaced, that will be a fifty / fifty shot if you are picking up the tab. Is it worth gamble?

You’d be had pressed to find a tech or service Mgr @ a dealer who will notice an aftermarket intercooler in the stock location. My dog could identify a giant FMIC.

That’s what I’m talking about. Digging into whether you’re tuned would be an “automatic” when you got a 2 can catch can w/ 10 hoses & a “COBB!!!!!!” CAI or FMIC

Chris_S

Reaction score
I’m really torn on the cooler both seem like good units but as I got sucked into internet archives of tuner forums in mid 2000s seem to be some complaints out of the ricer crowd that mishimoto had lower quality over some
Others but also seemed like it could’ve been chalked up to Chinese knockoffs circulating.

Did you notice the plate move actually helping temps?

Hard to say ... i moved the and then the full force of summer hit here in Houston. Right now I see from the mid 120's to low 130's manifold charge temps once the truck gets hot. Inlet air temps have been 100-115.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're concerned about warranty implications, an aftermarket tune can always be questionable. While you will go back to stock, the history of the ECU flash is there.

Whenever we talk to folks about more "stealth" performance upgrades, we tend to discuss: Burger JB4 Piggyback Module, SPD Turbo Adapters, and stock location intercooler swaps. I'm partial to the Wagner units as they're the biggest and best for that location, however, the silver Mishimoto looks the most similar to OEM.

If you do decide to go for a full ECU tune/package, as others have mentioned, the COBB Stage 2 Power Package is outstanding and our number one recommendation for daily drivability and reliability.

Feel free to reach out if we can answer any questions!