Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 raptor just over 80k miles, and started having a vibration at idle, only when in gear at a stop when rpms are at the lowest. Noticeably worse when a/c is running. Goes away as soon as rpms increase. Truck has intake, exhaust, intercooler and tune. No other issues, drives and runs great, no codes. Contacted my tuner updated tune no help. Reverted back to stock tune and it’s still there.

Trying to correct the issue I cleaned all 3 maf sensors, clean air filter, change all plugs they are the cold plugs gapped at .30, and drained the intercooler (via drain plug very minor discharge). I’m stumped, I’ve used the search and found similar post but no fixes.

Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if I’m in need of new engine mounts? Any insight from @FordTechOne would also be appreciated.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it necessarily has anything to do with your vibration, but I believe the recommendation for the colder plug gap is 27-28 vs your 30.

Make sure your aftermarket parts are not contacting anything and check your motor mounts maybe?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam phasers maybe? I know there was a shuddering on some trucks after the first reprogram and an updated program was released for that.
Look at your vacuum hoses for a leak.
Not very scientific but if hes not lurching/shuddering in boost hopefully vacuum is good. Chasing down vacuum leaks is a pain, had to do that in the L, was a damn line behind the supercharger of course too.

OP
OP
mattyz99

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I’ll try re gapping the plugs, and looking for a leak, had the phasers done and both dealer updates

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I’ll try re gapping the plugs, and looking for a leak, had the phasers done and both dealer updates
For diagnostic purposes, you could also swap back to factory plugs/gap and calibration to see if there is any change.

OP
OP
mattyz99

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed spark plug gap, removed oil separator, checked for leaks, no dice