Rebalance wheels after installing FP beadlock rings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to ditch the beauty rings and install the real deal FP beadlock rings.

To those who have done it:

1. Did you rebalance your wheels?
2. Did anything change as far as onroad driving characteristics?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
About to ditch the beauty rings and install the real deal FP beadlock rings.

To those who have done it:

1. Did you rebalance your wheels?
2. Did anything change as far as onroad driving characteristics?

If you’re just swapping them out and not dismounting the tires into the bead-lock configuration then no rebalance needed. If going to true bead-lock config then yes, rebalance.

Driving feel is the same.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discount tire was putting two new BFG’s on the back and took my rings off to dismount and when they went to go balance the new tires I asked the kid shouldn’t he put the rings back on to balance and he said (good point let me ask). SMH

PlaynCA

Reaction score
I bought used bead locks wheels, had discount tire mount and balance my tires on the wheels with no rings. At home, I popped the outer bead and used motorcycle tire irons to move the tire to the outside of the bead. The rest was just following the Ford Perf ring mounting instructions. The tires remained in perfect balance.

Regarding handling, I don’t recall noticing a difference in handling on the road. Of note, track width will increase by about 1” and overall width of the truck at the outer walls of the tires is about 2” wider.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought used bead locks wheels, had discount tire mount and balance my tires on the wheels with no rings. At home, I popped the outer bead and used motorcycle tire irons to move the tire to the outside of the bead. The rest was just following the Ford Perf ring mounting instructions. The tires remained in perfect balance.

That’s what I was thinking. Pop the bead over and put the rings on. Should not be out of balance...in theory.

OP
OP
CHMP

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Regarding handling, I don’t recall noticing a difference in handling on the road. Of note, track width will increase by about 1” and overall width of the truck at the outer walls of the tires is about 2” wider.

Interesting, do the tires poke out beyond the fender flares? I currently have venom rex vr602s (1" wider rim) which made me end up with front splash guards. I'm hoping to ditch those splash guards as I've always thought they were ugly.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im debating this just for looks, anyone have pics? Its between this or aftermarket set since same price. lol