Rear Travel Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I searched around and found that our trucks pull around 12" in the rear. Since they are SOA vs. SUA I was curious what kind of up travel they have? I would measure myself but am out of town for awhile and haven't even seen my truck yet. I am going to get a new leaf pack and maybe a longer shackle to lower the rear maybe a inch to level it out some? I don't want to lower it If I don't have much up travel to give in the first place? I was thinking 4-5 inches of travel? Thanks for the help and happy memorial day!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid perch the front shocks to level it don't get drop shackles with stock leaf springs you'll slam into the bump stops (factory or aftermarket) a lot and won't be happy with it.

OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is stock and I have 3 inches between the factory bump and the pad.

Wow, I was thinking a little more than that!

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Mid perch the front shocks to level it don't get drop shackles with stock leaf springs you'll slam into the bump stops (factory or aftermarket) a lot and won't be happy with it.

That will probably be my next move? I might just wait til I get some Kings for the front and just raise it a little that way? Thanks

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea 3 inches seems really short. I have the RPG bump stop kit with national leaf springs that are a +2 with the Rpg shackles and mine sits at almost 5.5 inches from the bottom of the bump stop to the strike pad and the bump itself can move another 2-3 inches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 94

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going with a coilover would be a great way to level it out plus you get the comfort of a better shock that's also adjustable

OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea 3 inches seems really short. I have the RPG bump stop kit with national leaf springs that are a +2 with the Rpg shackles and mine sits at almost 5.5 inches from the bottom of the bump stop to the strike pad and the bump itself can move another 2-3 inches

Those +2 leafs you remove the riser block, correct? Are those shackles longer than stock or just beefier?