Rear stock bump stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

baxzilla

Reaction score
I will almost always suggest buying a Raptor vs boring truck. Only you can decide which is best for you purposes. You are close with what you have. I would get a different lifting block, without the stop. Find a lower stop pad and reassess. Or cut the bump stop in half.
100% by the time you count the cost of the lift, wheels, tires, possible regearing with the new tires, and all that and the fact that you just hurt your resale whereas the raptor will already have a higher resale it’s a no brained. Definitely have learned either get a raptor or if you need the better towing get a super duty.

What’s the biggest risk I run if I cut the bump stop?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Think a harder stop when it is hit. It would be better to get the lower stop pad and hack off the lift block stop. But hacking the stop itself "might" get you to what you want.

OP
OP
B

baxzilla

Reaction score
Think a harder stop when it is hit. It would be better to get the lower stop pad and hack off the lift block stop. But hacking the stop itself "might" get you to what you want.
Yeah that makes sense. I think I’d rather move the stop pad for a long term fix