Rear Leaf Springs expected life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are at 37. The truck came with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
The stock load range C tires give you a nice soft cushy ride.
Yep, it likely is your tires. These trucks ride really nice with the stock KO2's. That's why I was surprised when you said yours rode badly. That's one of the things I like most about my truck, it rides great.

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, it has to be your tires. These trucks ride really nice with the stock KO2's. That's why I was surprised when you said yours rode badly. That's one of the things I like most about my truck, it rides great.
I guess it depends on what is meant by “old 3/4 ton”

My one friends 01 7.3 rides pretty rough, another buddies 20 or 21 6.7 tremor rides pretty good. Either way a stock raptor (even with D or E rated tires) should ride noticeably better.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what is meant by “old 3/4 ton”

My one friends 01 7.3 rides pretty rough, another buddies 20 or 21 6.7 tremor rides pretty good. Either way a stock raptor (even with D or E rated tires) should ride noticeably better.
My oldest brother had a '73 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 he bought new. Freaking thing hopped and banged all over the road like it had no suspension, it made me hate trucks for a long time! He liked it for pulling his horses around, I hated that thing.

Last edited:

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original leaf springs were useless by around 25,000 miles. Icons were a HUGE step up over factory but there was a break-in period during which they were noisy. Even now I get some sort of popping sound during extreme articulation. Makes me not want to even bother taking them apart to add the extra leaf.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My original leaf springs were useless by around 25,000 miles. Icons were a HUGE step up over factory but there was a break-in period during which they were noisy. Even now I get some sort of popping sound during extreme articulation. Makes me not want to even bother taking them apart to add the extra leaf.
You ever check the torque on the center pins?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you went w/ +3HDs on an otherwise stock truck would there be more rake than original? Would it be equivalent take to stock but w/ increased ride height if you went w/ +3HD deavers in rear & Geiser springs in front?