Gen 2 Factory Rear Leaf Springs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to have the shocks rebuilt too @ same time or just go w/ leafs? It’s an expensive maintenance item w/ these trucks kinda sucks but right around 50-60k mark after you’ve most likely already shelled out for a new set of tires you’re going to need a shock rebuild, leaf spring replacement/upgrade, bump stops & brakes most likely too lol- damnit I just hit 50k myself on my 2020

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thought crossed my mind. The tires are new, so I got lucky on those. I will be checking the brake pads and rotor this weekend. So far the shocks look to be good. No leaks to be seen while I was under the truck the other day.

I just can decide if I should get Deaver +2 HD or Icons.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MarkM98,

IF you fish around long enough I'd say Deaver is the clear winner. HOWEVER, I do NOT have personal experience with Icon. My recommendation is based off my personal research, personal needs, personal experience with ONE product, and customer feed back. Deaver has been around a LONG time. They can and will make you anything you want to meet your custom needs. Problem is like many OLD companies, you have to pick up a phone. Don't expect good "electronic" customer service. The Icons may be cheaper, and "adjustable", but having been around manufacturing a minute, the Deavers just look solidly engineered and durable.

As I said though. One persons opinion based on that persons needs. Don't think you are going to have someone here feed you some magic pixie dust and guess what will make YOU happy. You might find the Icons a better fit for your needs. Problem most customers have is being honest with THEMSELVES. Most WILL NOT "adjust" the leaf springs. It's usually a get it and forget it ordeal. Just remember, everthing is a trade off. You give up one thing to get another. Load versus a little ride "quality" in my case.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thought crossed my mind. The tires are new, so I got lucky on those. I will be checking the brake pads and rotor this weekend. So far the shocks look to be good. No leaks to be seen while I was under the truck the other day.

I just can decide if I should get Deaver +2 HD or Icons.

When time comes for me I’m putting geiser springs up front, deaver +3HD rear leafs, some new bump stops (nothing too crazy expensive or too chintzy either- or maybe bags?) & rebuild the OEM live valves. Should gain an 1.5”-2” ride height & increase the payload a bit & eliminate the sag & the squeak lol

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cracked 45,000 today. New set of rubber at 40,*** and a full OEM brake job 3 weeks ago. Next up is shock service and contemplating Deavers. I knew I'd be in for more maintenance on this truck compared to my 1500 but you pay to play....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just cracked 45,000 today. New set of rubber at 40,*** and a full OEM brake job 3 weeks ago. Next up is shock service and contemplating Deavers. I knew I'd be in for more maintenance on this truck compared to my 1500 but you pay to play....
Brakes at 40k? That seems early ...

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably could have turned the rotors and done pads only but it was easier to just get it all done at the same time. I've long been of fan of keeping nice things in nice shape.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one thing to consider with Icon springs is the double military wrap they use. Depending on if you change out your shackles, not all shackles work with the Icon's.

Also when doing aftermarket leaf springs, you will need to figure out what to do about bump stops. You can add a stock bump stop extension or a real bump stop kit. Guess it depends on how crazy your Starbucks runs are.

Reaction score
Ended up doing Icons on mine primarily for availability and pricing reasons. Took advantage of 4wp 4th of July deal. Install was CAKE. I did leave them at the stock configuration, I’ve heard the difficulty is in adjusting them. Got a little rake back with Eibachs up front, and I think it will settle to even less rake, and with the bed desert ready should be level. Rides so much better, can’t wait to get it in the desert next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4625.jpeg
    IMG_4625.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 35