Rear Camera Intermittently Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you decide on the fix? I haven't looked into anything aftermarket on this, my camera works but curious to which way you go on this.
It's all very intermittent and does not malfuction very often, so at this point I'm not going to dive into it. But when I do, I will replace it with the same factory part. If it's the camera itself, then it shouldn't be a big deal replacing it in the tailgate.

Crashtest22

Reaction score
Add me to the list of Intermittently not working.
Same general symptoms.
Comes on sometimes, does not others, message saying to go to dealer.
Next time it works fine for a drive then does not.

I pulled both connectors at the back and plugged back in.
I have not checked the fuse yet, will tomorrow.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘13 started the same thing and I eventually ended up replacing the camera. It’s a fairly simple exchange and did not require anything other than plug & play.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

and;

Grab these two, this will fix your problem. While you are at it, you can dissasemble the emblem, and have it cerakoted black and grey, almost matching the emblems perfectly. Just watch the heat curing temp, the blue ford plastic can shrink. Guerrilla glue it all back together, good to go.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a great thread…I’ve had intermittent issues with my reverse camera mainly When cold.
How much is the ford camera back ordered part?
Bc this is a wonderful alternative