Rear 12V AC Outlet does not work with my HTC phone charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same EXACT problem. The plugs don't stay secure to make a good connection. It sucks!!!

Seriously... what the hell. It worked fine the first week I got the truck.

Strange mine do, Hummer, mine fits fine I only tried it once as I use the adaptor in my console to charge my phone i have the 12volt car chargers as well as the USB adapters

Damn, this sucks for me at least. We have the same charger too...

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone through three of these outlets. I got the dealership to swap the first one out and it worked fine. The initial outlet didn't hold any plug very well and I tried numerous plugs. I noted that it would only work if I 'pushed' it against the outlet. Anyhoo the second worked fine but then busted the plastic door and bought the third lol.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've gone through three of these outlets. I got the dealership to swap the first one out and it worked fine. The initial outlet didn't hold any plug very well and I tried numerous plugs. I noted that it would only work if I 'pushed' it against the outlet. Anyhoo the second worked fine but then busted the plastic door and bought the third lol.

I'm glad to hear it's something that can be replaced. I think I'll hit the dealership next time

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had no issues with it. From galaxy s charger, ipad, camera battery charger, and even a dremel. It sounds like the plug has lost the neutral or something..

-Greg

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the other thing... I left the plug in the truck for a couple months. I used it on and off... eventually I realized it was no longer charging. Could me leaving it plugged in the truck have caused anything?