Realistic to get a 35 for MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny to me how those who rant about never paying ADM can look at a $3300 increase for the same vehicle as the previous year as anything other than an ADM. Albeit by Ford.
I agree! I will be paying 5k adm but its my money not theirs. Just because the people who first ordered their truck when it first release didn't pay adm because they didn't know there will be a shortage nor knew there will be an adm. Those same ppl b**** about I will never pay adm and rip those who have. I don't have time time to call 500+ dealers to figure out if they are selling msrp or not or take a flight or drive across the country and back to pick it up. I feel like that is a adm IMO....

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just want to check if it's realistic to get a 35 for MSRP now? Would appreciate if someone can share a lead.
I just picked up a 35 I found locally and canceled my order for a 22 35. Not MSRP, but $2k ADM isn’t bad. John Kennedy Ford in Pottstown PA, SM is John Armstrong. Have at it as no one went after it when I posted about the available order.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I agree! I will be paying 5k adm but its my money not theirs. Just because the people who first ordered their truck when it first release didn't pay adm because they didn't know there will be a shortage nor knew there will be an adm. Those same ppl b**** about I will never pay adm and rip those who have. I don't have time time to call 500+ dealers to figure out if they are selling msrp or not or take a flight or drive across the country and back to pick it up. I feel like that is a adm IMO....
I paid a $10k ADM on a '21 CO 35 two days before Christmas. But I had a title in hand trade. '19 F150 Limited. And I held the dealers feet to the fire for TOP dollar on my trade. Using the same rationale of low inventory. So that ADM was actually around $5k.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I just picked up a 35 I found locally and canceled my order for a 22 35. Not MSRP, but $2k ADM isn’t bad. John Kennedy Ford in Pottstown PA, SM is John Armstrong. Have at it as no one went after it when I posted about the available order.
ADM isn't ideal but it's not bad either. Waiting untold months doesn't work for everyone. You could get your wife pregnant and submit an order for a Raptor on the same day and chances are the baby would arrive before the Raptor. Give me an ADM please.

Last edited:

mfpf4r

Reaction score
Yes it’s possible. I did it 3 weeks ago. Took me about two weeks of research and 80ish or so emails to dealers but found a dealer that had one coming in unclaimed.
Yeah people will say its not possible but I too was able to find one. I'm assuming the dealership has an allocation as I received my "thank you for your order" from Ford, but I still havent received a VIN yet. Have you received yours??? Tomorrow will be 1 month since order/deposit/confirmation from Ford. I'm hopeful that this means it's a done deal, but am expecting it to not go through. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I will throw in the fact that I called over 80 dealerships ranging from the west coast to the midwest and everywhere in between. All but 2 were 5k+ ADM. One of those had a wait list as long as this forum.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Yeah people will say its not possible but I too was able to find one. I'm assuming the dealership has an allocation as I received my "thank you for your order" from Ford, but I still havent received a VIN yet. Have you received yours??? Tomorrow will be 1 month since order/deposit/confirmation from Ford. I'm hopeful that this means it's a done deal, but am expecting it to not go through. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I will throw in the fact that I called over 80 dealerships ranging from the west coast to the midwest and everywhere in between. All but 2 were 5k+ ADM. One of those had a wait list as long as this forum.
I picked up my truck 3 weeks ago! When I reached out to them the truck was already in transit and arrived to the dealer within 10ish days. It was also 1800 miles from my house lol

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna say sorry because you drew the short stick! You’re right that no one knew what was to come. However, us early adopters knew we wanted the truck and got our orders in for sticker…a lucky few under invoice. Me, personally, will never pay that sucker’s tax…apologies, ADM. I don’t NEED to have a vehicle, any vehicle, that bad. They say patience is a virtue, hmmm! That’s money best spent elsewhere as far as I’m concerned. As for ripping those who do, I just say do what’s best for you, your pockets, & your household! Get your truck, post up picks...done! I applaud the guys that post available trucks here w/ an ADM because there are folks such as yourself that are feening for this truck and gotta have it…at any cost (cough ADM). Apologies, permit me to walk back the feening part. Agree, time is money to some. But doing just a little homework on your own could yield good results. Hell, why call 500+ dealers when you have a powerful tool you read and post on right in front of you. I get that everyone is not built for a road trip and that’s their prerogative. I’ve had a few vehicles shipped and others I either did a road trip or was committed to doing one. In the end, do what makes you sleep better at night! Be sure to post pics of your truck fellow FRF member. -Cheers-