Realistic to get a 35 for MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked all over SC and the best I could find was $5K over.
I guess I got lucky then because they were the only dealership I contacted. I had no idea how hard it was to find an allocation they said they only sold 1 raptor last year and had 2 available allocations. The second one is gone now as well. Lucky or maybe not. I don’t have a VIN yet so who knows. But I’ll tell you I will not pay ADM. I usually keep my vehicles for only a few years. I’m not going to put myself in a situation to potentially loose money. I’m not just gonna give 5,000$ away to have a truck.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely different, they're making the things and have had probably that much or more cost variance across just material costs. Not including transportation and other things that have skyrocketed.

The dealers haven't incurred those types of increases, and I would assume still get charged invoice on these from Ford. So the ones charging MSRP are making ~15%. The ones charging ADM are making 25-33%.

Neighbor is an engineer for Acura/Honda and says a lot of the manufacturers are actually pretty pissed with their dealer networks. Manufacturing is busting ass to keep prices low, then they see dealers making insane margin.
+1

Ford officially raising the MSRP actually supports the value of the vehicle. Paying an ADM just serves to line the dealer principle's pocket--that money just vanishes as soon as you drive off the lot.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the American "can't wait" attitude (thanks Amazon 1-day shipping!) ever changes the ADM business model would be a thing of the past.

Similar to many members on this forum I simply refuse to pay over MSRP for ANY depreciating asset like an automobile.

In the fourth quarter of 2021, the average loan term for new-car loans was nearly 70 months, according to the Q4 2021 Experian State of the Automotive Finance Market report. So many Americans are going to be "upside down" down the road.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many Americans are "upside down" down the road.
fixed this for you. Pre pandemic, many Americans were "upside down" on their vehicles. This crazy pricing is making the situation worse. Buying a 3 year old used vehicle at MSRP is a recipe for disaster

JCW55110

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just want to check if it's realistic to get a 35 for MSRP now? Would appreciate if someone can share a lead.
DM me. I have a dealer who is committed to MSRP in writing…. Also I have a res if you are interested in taking over my reservation from Nov. I got lucky and found a truck someone backed out on. I just want my deposit back at this point, but didn’t want to just cancel my reservation.

J R

Reaction score
DM me. I have a dealer who is committed to MSRP in writing…. Also I have a res if you are interested in taking over my reservation from Nov. I got lucky and found a truck someone backed out on. I just want my deposit back at this point, but didn’t want to just cancel my reservation.
DM’d you regarding dealer

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just want to check if it's realistic to get a 35 for MSRP now? Would appreciate if someone can share a lead.
I had 2 orders with 2 different dealerships both msrp. Well one with 3k dealer add ons. And both are now charging 7,500$ for the 23’s even if you order one. I think msrp dealerships are going to start charging a little over sticker.