Real world MPG West TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texrun38

Reaction score
Interesting. When I drive to Colorado last year, I went I-10 to El Paso, then up through NM. I had the cruise on 84mph as well. Mine was all stock, but on the highway I was in Normal mode and it stayed in 10th with very little turbo use. I was getting 18.7mpg at one point, but averaged 17.4 for the whole trip.

Looks like you’re in Sport mode and turbos are working with it in 9th gear. Cruising like that the 13.6 seems realistic.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have found that anything over 72mph and fuel economy goes down hill. Look at your boost gauge. @ 85 mph, you are boosting almost 10psi...takes a lot of fuel to keep that speed. Especially with a 15 mph cross wind.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I live in the mountains so almost all hills and over 22,000 miles I always end up at 13.5. I can do better on the freeway but normal driving I think this truck is a 13.5er.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Dallas - it's flat - and I (generally) light foot it (except when I don't), normal mode, and the last 17,000 miles have been indicating 15.9 mpg (I think the computer is 'optimistic.') I've had highway mileage as high as 19 mpg (indicated) and as low as 12.1 mpg (that was an outlier - 30+ mph head/cross winds). I've noticed a definite drop in mileage on any sustained highway speed much above 72-73 mph. If you are in sport mode (more aggressive throttle mapping, more aggressive transmission mapping, only begrudgingly going into top gear), mileage will suffer.

Having said that, none of us bought this for gas mileage and *damn!* it makes me smile everytime I get on it or go off road with it.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK,mine is a GEN 1 with 6.2L and Whipple Supercharger and if I drive it like a good boy I'm getting 13.5 Highway/not much city...at 85mpg or getting on it,it drops 10-20%...dont think it really matters that its a Raptor,if you read about getting better MPG in almost any vehicle first thing they say is take your foot off the pedal...so,IMHO,I'd say its the 85mpg thats bringing yours down,cause I thought the GEN2's were suppose to get way better mileage than the Gen1's...Lovin mine no matter what MPG I get...! :)

outofurgourd

Reaction score
OK,mine is a GEN 1 with 6.2L and Whipple Supercharger and if I drive it like a good boy I'm getting 13.5 Highway/not much city...at 85mpg or getting on it,it drops 10-20%...dont think it really matters that its a Raptor,if you read about getting better MPG in almost any vehicle first thing they say is take your foot off the pedal...so,IMHO,I'd say its the 85mpg thats bringing yours down,cause I thought the GEN2's were suppose to get way better mileage than the Gen1's...Lovin mine no matter what MPG I get...! :)

I have a roush gen 1 and I get about 13 highway and 10 city