Ready to Order Raptor R (CA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alba495

Reaction score
Hi Raptor Fam
Has anyone had any luck here in CA ordering a R with out the dealer mark up. I can wait until August for mine. I am even ok going to AZ UT or NV to purchase. The economy is shot and just going to get worse. Rates make these Trucks 3k plus, any help appreciated.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Raptor Fam
Has anyone had any luck here in CA ordering a R with out the dealer mark up. I can wait until August for mine. I am even ok going to AZ UT or NV to purchase. The economy is shot and just going to get worse. Rates make these Trucks 3k plus, any help appreciated.
I ordered mine out of state.

Do you have an order already in or are you saying to place an order in August for a MY24?

The economy is suffering from inflation yes, however the economy is not shot.

The demographic of most R owners are generally not that negatively affected by where we are at right now in our economy.

Secondly I think the majority of us are paying cash for our R’s, so interest rates are irrelevant. My rule has always been if I can’t pay cash for the vehicle I want to drive then I’m not in a position to purchase the vehicle.

Last edited:

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have an order already in or are you saying to place an order in August for a MY24?

The demographic of most R owners are generally not negatively affected by where we are at right now, I know I’m not, my business is thriving and busier than ever.

Secondly I think the majority of us are paying cash for our R’s, so interest rates are irrelevant. My rule has always been if I can’t pay cash for the vehicle I want to drive then I’m not in a position to purchase the vehicle.
I agree 100% on everything you said. Plus supply is starting to match up with demand so things will level out.

OP
OP
Alba495

Alba495

Reaction score

The demographic of most R owners are generally not that negatively affected by where we are at right now in our economy.

Thanks for the reply, I a ready to order now. I would hope to take delivery in late summer. I can pay cash also, however i have a decent 4.54 rate at my credit union and my investments are around 15% YTD. How was your experience with the dealership and if your happy i would be grateful for a referral. Thank u.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always place an order with a dealer however it’s relative to wether the dealer has an allocation if your order will ever get scheduled for production. Most dealers have long waiting lists for the R still with ADM’s. Placing an order now will also most likely get pushed to a MY24 which would push you into a late 23 build date and early 24 delivery date at best.

To be 100% honest with you, the only way you would be able to get a summer delivery date is if you purchase a R that has already been built and delivered to either a dealer or private party and you will be paying an ADM, you will not find one at MSRP in 2023.

My experience with my dealer was great, I placed three orders back in July of 22 when order banks opened, all three of my orders were at a 20k ADM.

The R I have now was built last December and delivered to me back in January. One of the other two was scheduled for production last month, but got pushed to a May build date, and the other is awaiting an allocation, which will most likely get pushed to a MY24. I’m hoping they bring back the SCAB, (there’s been chatter) for I will change my order if that happens.

The dealer I went with has a long line of people which is like most dealers, so even if you place an order now you most likely won’t even get an allocation for a MY24 without agreeing to pay a hearty ADM. Good luck with your search.

gfaria23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

20K ADM. Wow, hell of a deal. Locally, they want 75K