Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fly like an eagle baby. lol....I dealt with dealers that just want to hold your money. If there are x amount of people in front of you,I'd pull my money and find another dealer. You'll likely end up getting pushed further and further back. I don't want to rain negativity,but I learned that from direct experience when I looking for a dealer to snag an 07 GT500. Good luck.

I agree with you, I can see putting my name on a list for a 2014. But for a dealer to be taking deposits on something you can even order yet seems a little unethical.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2014 on may 18th they said it would take 9 to 12 weeks but paid for up front it could be earlier

You say you paid for it upfront and the order banks are not open for another 2 1/2 months. You know the first trucks that get built are for dealer inventory and not special orders right?

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a Raptor & have been thinking I'd wait for the 14's. Because I've got to sell my F250, but can't find any significant changes from the 13's. Any info would help.
Also how do they handle in the snow & nasty stuff winter will throw at us in New England?

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck handles great in the snow and nasty stuff....

most of your traction will really depend on your tires mostly.

not any real changes from 13 to 14... i think the biggest thing was they added a new color. i think it was some maron color i dont really remeber

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been shopping for a while also; but don't want to do the order stuff. from my experience you have to be able to go and buy that day that hour that minute as soon as you find one. I had 2 lined up and wanted to wait to decide color (either the tan terrain or white); came back the next day and both were sold. Honestly your best bet now is getting a rouse one from one of the specialty dealerships that may have a line to rouse. Nothing is out there on the regular raptor. Also that giving the money upfront is not a good idea; that dealership is just using your money and getting interest on it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see 2 VERY big issues with your situation:

1. There is no way you can order a 2014 yet. I find a major problem with them taking a deposit on a vehicle that isn't available yet and pricing is unknown. Do not ever listen to what a dealer says or "thinks," we consumers usually know a lot more about what is going on than they do.

2. Throwing more money at them and paying up front will get your order faster?! That means that if some guy comes in and decides to pay cash up front, he'll get bumped up on the dealer list in front of everyone. That's I'd HIGHLY unethical.

I know Van Bortel has a good reputation on this forum...but damn this just sounds wrong to me. Best of luck with your situation, but I'd take my business elsewhere.

OP
OP
O

Okiekid

Reaction score
The Raptor I ordered on May 12th was a 2013 not a 14 my mistake but I'n the mean time my dealer that is local owned got there 1 aloted raptor In July 1st and wanted me to have a look at it, it was matalic Black and I took it, and found out the Silver one I ordered was number 17 In line to be built. The dealership was going to have it sent to have on there lot to sell. I'm glad I took the black it's sharp. The only difference between the 13 and 14 is two colors added.