Raptor vs Track Hawk depreciation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, um, wrong.

I just traded a 2018 Raptor on a 2019. $69k original sticker. Got $60k on the trade. 22k miles after 20 months. Never had a vehicle hold 87% after two years

Who did you trade it to?

$60k trade in on an 18” with 22k miles! They would expect to get $3k over trade when they sell it. Who is going to pay that... that’s near new 2019 cost?

$60k is the high retail number... they must have made it up on the sale price of the vehicle you bought from them.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some new leftover Trackhawks here in DFW for $20k off sticker.

They are awesome beasts. Mid to low 3 second 0-60mph. It’s a rocket and sounds great too! If I wanted a fast SUV, I’d seriously consider one.

SOC5542

Reaction score
I say keep your raptor and buy the trackhawk... that way you have the best of both. The trackkawk is a beast, Extremely fast and it’s nice that you can take it to Home Depot and but a bunch of crap in it. Launch control rocks.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
I enjoy my Raptor and would not take a Trackhawk over it, at this point. However, I had the rare opportunity to line up beside one that runs around town at a red light with no other vehicles in front of us for the next two lights. I didn’t engage the race, but he was gone and it sounded great the entire pull.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My neighbor has a Jeep. No thanks. Regular problems and I'm not huge but I like room. It doesn't have it. I couldn't stand a road trip in it.

Raptor has room, comfort, resale and it's fast enough for my use and when off road more than enough. My $00.019999

Cerebus

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Grand with about 90k on the ticker. It's been a great vehicle, even with the Ecodiesel engine. It's comfy, handles well for an SUV, enough room for a family of 4 and 2 dogs. It's just not fast. At all. Hence the desire for the Trackhawk.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my raptor at 13 months, had about 5500-6k milage on it. got wothin 500 of what i paid for it new. The start/stop i hated and the V6 drove good but couldnt get over sound.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors hold their value very well...Trackhawks (or dodges in general, other than the Demon) do not. The only other “common” vehicle made today that holds its value as good as a Raptor is the Jeep Wrangler, but honestly I feel the Raptor holds its value a bit better... Used Raptors are $5-10k cheaper than new ones... Shit’s crazy.

houtex1

Reaction score
I owned a 2015 Jeep SRT before getting my Raptor. I loved the quickness, miss the quickness, but I enjoy more Raptor a little more. As far as depreciation, people seem to consider sportier vehicles as getting "dogged out" I would think that the Jeep would deprecate a little more percentage wise based on equal time and miles compared to the Raptor. Just my 2 cents.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trucks will always depreciate less than a SUV. Doesn’t matter what make/model. They’re just easier to sell and re-sell.