Raptor Vs GMC AT4X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool truck and the interior has come leaps and bounds. Maybe when I'm 60....

OP
OP
CINISI

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the builder is up on GMC's site for the AT4X.
I built myself a comparable and came in a hair under $80k. (yikes!)
One notable thing that I liked is the ability to choose painted wheel arches in some colors.
Colors overall are pretty boring. In Texas there are a million black, white and silver trucks. Would it kill them to add a few more brighter colors?
We already knew this but no 35s ...they definitely need to offer a 35" tire package. I would hope you can at least mount them with the stock suspension and have no rubbing.
Overall it's a nice truck but not worth the $80k. I would take one if they offered steep discounts.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys have it wrong, GMC/ Chevy is behind the Silverado RST EV truck and the GMC Hummer EV with the ultima battery system. 360-400 mile ranges with no gas required. That is GMs future and they right now are doing more with the technology than other makers.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 22 GMC Limited AT4 (non refresh) and they are nice trucks at an MSRP of $60K. I would prefer another Raptor, however the cost to own one now is more than I want to spend for my use. Yes I know they are not a Raptor.

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've had several GM trucks (most with the 6.2, latest a 2018) and they've all been good trucks. I was always intrigued by the Raptor and finally bought one 2.5 years ago, a new 2019 with Recaros, Performance blue, loaded with everything but graphics. Love the truck and it has 42,500 miles now.

I did a reservation on the GMC website (I'm a reservation addict) for a new '22 Sierra Denali Ultimate. I placed my order and am waiting for delivery now (prob going to be a few more months at least). Did the 3.0 Turbodiesel and the Ultimate comes fully loaded with Super Cruise, carbon bed, basically everything. Sticker is around $80k, so it's not cheap, but not bad for all the goodies.

Anyway, not sure if I'm going to get rid of the Raptor as I'm enjoying it too much. I have a long game here as I'm #2 on the C8 Z06 at the same dealer and I could buy the new Sierra Denali, sell it back to them, so they can sell "used" for above MSRP (they only sell new units at MSRP nowadays) and then save the tax credit for the C8 Z06 when it comes in.

Back to the thread topic, I finally glad they put real shocks on the GM trucks with the ZR2 and AT4X, but it's far from a true Raptor competitor.

Did you end up getting the Denali ultimate?

Zybane

Reaction score
I once looked at the AT4X, but it doesn't have any lane centering let alone Super Cruise, and has tiny little 33 inch tires. The build came to $90K, no thanks. You get more truck and comfort with the Raptor.

MORK

Reaction score
If the GMC didn’t have those awful and small wheel wells that you have to lift to the moon to fit any sort of decent tire, I’d have one with the new 3.0 diesel on 35’s and LT kings instead of the raptor. The other selling point is that the raptor fits in the garage - maybe even if I swap to the 37s after these wear out too.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the GMC didn’t have those awful and small wheel wells that you have to lift to the moon to fit any sort of decent tire, I’d have one with the new 3.0 diesel on 35’s and LT kings instead of the raptor. The other selling point is that the raptor fits in the garage - maybe even if I swap to the 37s after these wear out too.
Still don’t even see the comparison for one to decide on the Raptor or this AT4X Diesel.

MORK

Reaction score
At4x is only the 6.2. And coming from a built Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel with the multimatic shocks, I can say they aren’t anything special. Did give me 20000 trouble free miles though.

Definitely not a direct comparison. The gmc interior is quite nice, but I figured I’d be bored. And by the time I built it the way I wanted to, the cost wasn’t an option. I also really wanted the 5 link. I could never get those leafs to stop squeaking.