Raptor vs Dmax ZR2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicul15

Reaction score
Obviously my first choice would be a Raptor but my wife will be driving it more than me. We want a truck in the house and her driving it, currently, is the most logical way for us to have a truck. Anyway, the big concern is she might not like driving a Raptor vs the smaller duramax ZR2.
This vehicle I need to get right as I want to buy and keep for a long time.

Yesterday I checked out a Avalanche Crew with sunroof and really really loved it. It would be the ultimate family, hunting, and work truck.

I was checking out a colorado and would opt for the ZR2 when available but was a bit dissapointed with the space in the back seats, which made me think a scab raptor wouldn't be much worse and give more lateral space.

After thinking about a scab, maybe that would make it confident enough for her, and also it will fit in the garage.

Also makes me wonder if its worth spending the extra coin for the raptor, if im not getting the crew with the extra space inside. Like if going to the full size just say eff it and get the big one. I have the budget for a Raptor but absolutely not enough to waste.

I keep going back and forth, does anyone have any thoughts or in a somewhat similar situtation?

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother, I say get what you want since you're gonna keep it a while. Practicality is always a virtue but if the Raptor meets 80% of your needs, then it's practical.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the two are very different. Sounds to me you want the space and have a family so a scab and the ZR2 are compromise on space and comfort for a family. What do you drive now? What does she drive? Do you off-road frequently I see hunting but pending where you live that could be parking on a gravel road.

If she enjoys driving no question she will enjoy the raptor more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Yesterday I checked out a Avalanche Crew with sunroof and really really loved it. It would be the ultimate family, hunting, and work truck....

....'''I keep going back and forth, does anyone have any thoughts or in a somewhat similar situtation?

Having over 200,000 miles in a Raptor and over 20 years being married, I feel qualified to answer your question for you:

1. Discuss the Raptor with your wife.
2. Make sure she understands all of the benefits of Raptor ownership.
3. Take her to the dealership to see the Raptor first hand.
4. If after careful consideration she is not in full agreement...get another wife.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't even a question in my mind. My wife drove my SCREW G1 for over three years and loved driving it. It's like anything else, you adapt and learn.

I'll leave with this...don't buy the dmax. You'll be disappointed.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's even a worse comparison than the J1, c'mon... :lol2:

I just noticed that you don't even have your Jen2 yet, and haven't bought into a membership yet. Two strikes = you're a foamer ****......

I think you should look into getting a Chevy Raptor Killer. You definitely fit the profile!!! Hahahahahahahahah...

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I just noticed that you don't even have your Jen2 yet, and haven't bought into a membership yet. Two strikes = you're a foamer ****......

I think you should look into getting a Chevy Raptor Killer. You definitely fit the profile!!! Hahahahahahahahah...

Listen *****.. I'll buy my membership and yours if you'd just shut the **** up. You're so in denial...what a loser...:supergay: